yz125_894

Nov 23, 2003
Ya i am teaching a 13 year old to get him ready for racing in the summer and just woundering if you guys have any tips that i can use to help him. He has a Kx 85 me a Yz 125. Thanks

-Pat-

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
maybe video tape him so you guys can sit down and see what he needs to change in his riding to go faster. you'd be suprised how much that helps.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Pat, I only started riding this summer so I can't give specific advice for riding but I have taught martial arts before and in order to teach you have to understand EXACTLY what you or others do that makes you/them good. Often before teaching movements I will break them down into parts, execute the moves slowly and think about what I'm doing and how do I relay this information to the student. Sometimes I watch someone do something and know that it's wrong but i'm not sure why. So i'll perform it myself, ahh now I know what's wrong and I can explain it.
You may want to have him ride a few laps and just watch him closely. make mental notes of mistakes or things that you think will make him a faster/better rider. (ie. Use a different line, get on the throttle sooner, lean back more, forward more, bend your knees...) Individualize the training find what works for him. As someone else mentioned video tape is a great training aid, that way you can point out specific things that his is doing wrong or right.

Good luck with the training I hope this helps.

yz125_894

Nov 23, 2003
Thanks guys. we have a track right near us ( Tim Farrs practice track) so we go there every day and brake the track up into parts each day. I try to show hom how to do it first and also i tell him what he is doing wrong but i think that video taping is the best thing so he can see for himself. Thanks for the tips.
-Pat-

Top Bottom