_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
TrakControl Dynamics recently did my suspension and I am here to tell you about it. :)

I weigh 145 lbs
I guess I am a cross between a beginner and intermediate rider.
I wanted my suspension a little stiff.
Most of the tracks that I ride on are hard pack.

Sent my stuff off on a Thursday, it got there next Tuesday. Jeff sent it next Monday, it was ready by Thursday but I told him to take his time because he was going to train the next few days for an upcoming race. I got my stuff back Wednesday. I had to wait a week to get my other parts for the bike

After I got my parts I spent the next night putting the bike back together, it was the night before a big ride so I had to have it done. I got everything together in a few hours and I was set for the next day.

Got to the track and the first thing I notice is how smooth it feels when I go over anything. This is a very hard pack track with some serious braking bumps. Before on every bike I have ridden on this track I always just looked for a line around the bumps because it wasn't worth hitting them and it tearing up my arms. Now I could blow through the bumps and not feel a thing and this made my turns faster and more stable.

Second thing is now I feel more comfortable taking some of the bigger jumps because I could hit them harder and harder and not feel anything. One time I thought a big double was a table top so I gassed it and I landed right into the base of the landing and if it had been before I had my suspension done I would have bottomed and been on the ground faster than I could say "Oh crap!" but instead I just rolled away like nothing happened.

The whoops at the bottom of the track most people just skip over because these things are HUGE, more like supercross whoops, but I decided to start going through them and now I could double into these and keep on the gas and keep slamming through all of them and it would feel smoother than ever before. It was just so much easier than it ever had been. That was really cool.

By now I was already thinking :aj: so I decided to try to bottom it out but I was never succesful and it never felt harsh. I did manage to almost kill myself in the woods but I was surprised how well it handled in there too, especially through the whooped out switch backs.

I give TrakControl two-thumbs up. I am totally in love with it! They have their stuff dialed!

www.TrakControl.com

Last edited:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
What exactly did you get done and how much did it cost you, not including the shipping?

Nice write-up.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
The confidence factor is the biggest one IMO. Glad you are liking it. I can't wait to ride it.

Sorry I didn't ride with you much last weekend. I promise to make up for it next time.

Ivan

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
Yes, it was using stock components with totally restructured valving. I need to clean up my website I see. I've just been to busy to get to that lately and I apologize for any confusion that may cause.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom