Eleven

Jul 10, 2000
i just got back from riding my '97 Rm125 and when taking a break i noticed my tranny oil was dripping out of one of the litte drain hoses, i know its my tranny oil cuz its a pinkish color (the same as when i chane my oil)....the hoses are up front by the front tire and on the left side, i followed that hose and it seems to come from just above the powervalve on the right side......is this normal?????

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I don't think thats tranny oil. I think that hose is coming from your powervalve breather.. Usually the liquid that comes from there is black, not pink which is why I'm a little confused. I think it's spooge from your powervalve but I don't know why it's pink.

Eleven

Jul 10, 2000
i know its tranny oil, its the same stuff that comes out when i change my oil....even a little dripped on my garage floor after i put it on the stand after the ride...the tranny oil i use goes in red and from plate wear comes out pink, so thats why its pink, i just dont know if thats normal. any input is helpful, thanks

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Got me. I don't know why you'd have tranny fluid coming out way up there. Good luck.

HLT

Sponsoring Member
Dec 15, 2000
It's normal for the PV breather hose on a Suzuki to drip some oil. However, if you're sure it's trans oil, the only way it can get up there is a leaking crank seal and what you see is unburned oil dripping from the breather hose. Is your bike smoking like it has a blown crank seal? Also, check in side the pipe and see if there is any oil in there. Like I said, its' quite normal for that breather on RM 125s to drip a bit.

Eleven

Jul 10, 2000
im very confused

well u said its normal for the pv hose to leak a little.....i have 3 hoses right there and one does leak unburned oil, its my premix right? well as long as ive had this bike the larger hose has leaked that...always, but u see there is a smaller hose, like 1/8 of an inch big, compared to the 1/2 inch one that leaks some premix.....its the 1/8 inch hose that was leaking my tranny oil (im positive it was my tranny oil), but the thing is, 2 rides after the one i noticed it leaking, it hasnt leaked one drop more as far as i know. it just stopped.....and no my bike doesnt smoke that bad, just as much as normal bikes....even the last time i started it up, when warming it up there was waaaay less smoke than usual

HLT

Sponsoring Member
Dec 15, 2000
You are right. It's the big hose that will drip a small amount of spooge after a ride. If you follow the small one to the cylinder you will see it goes in the top of the PV and the large hose goes in the side. The small one is just another breather for the PV should the large one plug. The large hose should have a cone shaped screen inside at the cylinder end. that may be plugged and the PV vented out the small hose. Take the screen out, clean and replace it, and just ride. I don't think what you saw is trans oil unless it came from somewhere other than the small breather tube. If you really think you are losing trans oil, you will need to measure the amount you drain compared to the amount you put in. Keep a record of these amounts for several oil changes including hours ridden between oil changes and you will know if you are losing any and if so, how much per hour. Good Luck!

Top Bottom