Agent_Orange

Apr 13, 2008
I recenttly bought a yamaha 125 06 and when I was riding some fire roads and All of a sudden my my back tire locked up and I couldnt shift out of 4th gear (Thats the gear I was in when it locked up) I went to kick it over and it starts fine but when I let the clutch out it stays in forth so te bike stalls out. This happen right after a service in the shop. What could be the problem and how easy is it to fix it cause the shops are gonna charge me 210 to just tear it down and it will take a 2 weeks and A 2 months to have it finshed :bang:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
If this happened after a service in the shop, I'd bring the bike back to them and tell them about the problem.
Is your shifter hard to move? Or does it move like it is supposed to but the bike won't change gear?

Agent_Orange

Apr 13, 2008
I did bring it to the shop and they said it would be 2 weeks to tear it open and see if they did something or if it was my fault or theres and a anthor 2 weeks to put it together I told te "Nicely" to give me my bike. The shifter shifts as its suppose to

052zy40

May 14, 2006
same thing happened to me recently on my sons yz 125. I tore it down and the problem was minor. One of the clutch plate ears had fractured and migrated over into the shifter mechinism sticking it into gear. Drain the tranmission oil and remove the left engine side cover. check for any fragments and compare it with the manual. I then had to install a new clutch basket and plates as it appears the slight grooves in the basket was the original problem that started the whole mess. A couple gaskets a new clutch and a basket fixed it without splitting the cases or any tranmission problems. Has been fine since!

Worth a try.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Ok Exactly what "service" was done at the shop?

if they worked on the clutch or trans then its most likely "their bad"
if they put tires on or a topend its "on you"

Once we determine this its easier to work with them. If you have an idea its most likely in their realm then very nicely talk to the service manager and explain the likelyhood that the problem is theirs sine they worked inside the clutch cover recently. Explain that 2 weeks waiting for their mess up is unacceptable. You were there first when they messed it up so you should have a better spot in line than the guys that just brought their stuff in. Worst case you an file a small claims suit for $25 (Not sure for canada though.)

now if they worked no where near your clutch or trans then buck up and accept that mechanical things do break.

My kids bike was stuck in gear after several thousand in mod work was done. turned out one of the screws that held the shifter drum acutator in place came out and jammed. yes it was the mod shops fault but easier to fix myself than sending the motor back.

Top Bottom