Transport bike from California to Denver

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
To those who may want to move a bike from California to the denver area, I have a way to do it for 350 dollars. From a loading dock in L.A. to your door in the Denver area. Doubt there are lots who need this...but if you do drop me a line.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Forward Air moves bikes for a reasonable price too. http://www.forwardair.com A lot of eBay sellars use Forward Air to ship bike cross country for under $200.

------------------
'00 Honda XR400
'73 Maico MC400 (most of it anyway)
'73 CZ 380
'70 Bultaco Sherpa T
Vintage Dirt Home Page

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
You know I tried them and a whole lot of other shipping companies....they needed to have the bike crated and delivered to their place. They were not quoting under 200. More like 250 IF the bike was crated in a sealed crate, all oil drained, and delivered to their place. The guy selling didn't want to crate it...just trying to clean out his garage.

This trucker doesn't require the bike to be crated, just no gas...the seller just rolls the bike to his loading dock. He puts it on the truck. It gets delivered to the home in the Denver area. He has a light load once a month or so.

I got all kinds of good advice about how to ship a bike. The best or cheapest required the seller to crate the bike or for me to fly out and crate it. Most sellers don't want to be bothered with crating when they are selling an old dirt bike for a 500 or so dollars. So after making what seems like a 100 calls and running into all kinds of dead ends, I went back to those I know best in the trucking business and found a trucker that came up with a plan workable for both me and the guy (a REGULAR guy not in the motorcycle or shipping business) I bought that 1982 husqvarna 430 that I just rolled into my garage tonight. I bought it on ebay from a REGULAR guy in San Diego. It cost the trucking outfit about 350 to make it happen with time and fuel from what they told me. So I am just trying to help those in the same frustrating position I was in last week.

P.S.

( I'll only pass this on for old vintage dirt bikes ..preferably husky's...and vintage enthusiasts...cause I know what a pain it can be to ship an old dirt bike dripping oil and not in a crate. This is NOT a business concept. )

[This message has been edited by weimedog (edited 01-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by weimedog (edited 01-09-2001).]

Top Bottom