Transporting a bike from Colorado

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I bought a bike in Denver, I aim to go pick it up next weekend. Before I drive all the way, does anyone happen to be driving from the Denver area north through Wyoming? I'll be coming from Seattle, east through Idaho and Montana and then south through Wyoming. If anyone can get it part-way for me I'll make it worth their while! Just looking to save some travel time, I'd like to get it done in one weekend. It's doable but a long haul for two days of driving.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Uh oh, you bought a KTM200 didn't you?

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Man, you gotta stop and ride the thing! Plus, if you're getting it at Fay Myers, it's worth the drive just to see all the cool bikes and accessories. They are one of the sickest shops in the country (sorry for the plug, they've sponsored me for years).

If you are taking I-25 north out of Denver, there is an incredible track/riding area located along the west side of the highway called Valley Dirt Riders (locals call it Berthoud). It's about 45 minutes north of Denver, you can't miss it. They have a sweet MX track that's prepped and watered, and miles and miles of hare scramblin goodness. You won't be dissapointed.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Berthoud is an AWESOME track!! We checked it out last Spring when I was visiting Phil at school. We were in Laramie, WY, but drove there to check it out. There is also a SX track too, that one looks difficult. We saw only two people on it, and they were having difficulties with it. I wish we would have had our bikes, but the airlines would kind of frown on that!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
He rode Sharla's and fell in love. Her bike is EVIL!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Cam: the best I can do is to take the bike the Vegas...

Sharla's bike is evil and fun to ride, but it didn't seem to like me much...

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Even worse D, I bought a 125SX. I needed something for the pit bikes race this year at Dirtweek and a XR50 would just get stuck in my butt crack!

I remember seeing the Berthound track off of the interstate on the way to and from Oklahoma. It looks great! If I can get enough time off to make a mini-holiday out of it I'll stop and ride there for sure. It will probably be a red-eye drive from Seattle to Denver and back in 2800 miles and two days though.

I'm looking forward to getting the 125. I skipped that phase when learning to ride so I think getting one now will make me a better rider. Plus they're so damn fun!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Like a 125 won't look like it's sticking outta your butt, please! LOL A V-Rod would like like a hemroid under you my small friend.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Camstyn, what made you buy the bike in colorado. I agree while your here you should at least ride it. Even if it is for a couple of a hours.

Erik

kx134

May 4, 2004
Berthoud is an AWESOME track!! We checked it out last Spring when I was visiting Phil at school. We were in Laramie, WY, but drove there to check it out. There is also a SX track too, that one looks difficult. We saw only two people on it, and they were having difficulties with it. I wish we would have had our bikes, but the airlines would kind of frown on that
/\
yeah it rules up there.

the supercross track is really hard unless you are one of the 10 year olds doing every hit on there lol

I have ejected more than once on the sx track.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom