Transporting Issue.. :(

Right now, I am about to get my first bike (KDX 200). The problem is, that I have NO way to transport it to get it home, when I find the one I want. Neither of my parent's SUV's have a hitch receiver. If I rent a U-Haul Truck, Its $20 + $0.59 per mile, and most of the bikes I am finding are more than ~50 miles away. Any ideas? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Do you have a friend, or relative, or neighbor even that would drive you with a truck or in a vehicle with a hitch?

i dont think anybody has a car or truck with a hitch, and how does the hitch attach underneath if i were to buy one?

You have to attach it to the tow package. Or a pickup just needs a 2 inch tow ball. You can buy a hitch bike carrier for 202.00 on motorsport. Best option since you will need it again.

HhawkK1292 said:
i dont think anybody has a car or truck with a hitch, and how does the hitch attach underneath if i were to buy one?
If they(friend, family, nice neighbor) have a truck at all why can't you load it into the back? :nod:

FistFullofDirt said:
You have to attach it to the tow package. Or a pickup just needs a 2 inch tow ball. You can buy a hitch bike carrier for 202.00 on motorsport. Best option since you will need it again.
If he were to do that he could just rent a U-haul. For half that, or less.

yeah thats the problem..neither of them have a tow package =(..one is a 06 ford escape, and the other is a 07 jeep grand cherokee limited..the tow package was optional on both..why must my parents say no =(((

I know a guy that lined his Trailblazer with blankets and laid his CRF250R in the back until he bought a carrier. It wasn't pretty , but it worked. Make sure the fuel is turned off.

Since your purchasing a bike and will need to transport it regularly to ride. I suggest looking for an older small 2-wheel drive pick-up. Toyota, ranger ect...

To pick it up, find a buddy with a trailer or a pick-up.

Good Luck, Steve.

To just get it home, have the mechanics at the dealer remove both wheels and drain the gas tank and carburetor.

If your parents have an suv, place a piece of plywood on the floor and cover it with a piece of old carpet. Lay the bike on it's left side in the back of the suv. When you get it home, study your manual to learn how to reinstall the wheels. This is something you will have to learn how to do anyway. Then refill your gas tank and go do some of this------------------------> :ride:

The cool thing is, that I won't really need to transport it after I get it. My friend has a farm right in back of me, and I have trails literally 20 seconds away for a walk. If I load it into the SUV, how do you turn the gas off? (sorry nooby question)

Ol'89r said:
drain the gas tank and carburetor.

study your manual QUOTE]

rickyd

Hot Sauce
You live out by a farm and none of your friends have a pick up truck? If 1 of your friends does, offer them some gas money :cool:

haha I know he has a LOT of pickups but i dont know if his dad will let me use one. =( might as well ask..