Traverse City/Kalkaska, MI area ride April 29

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Is anybody out there from around the T.C./Kalkaska area interested in a ride on the Grand Traverse Cycle Trail on 4/29/01? I just got the map from the DNR and there's 57 miles of what look to be lovely, twisty-turny trails. My buddy and I are going up Sat. for my bachelor party and then we're riding Sun. late morning (don't worry, no hangover). The trail is about 20 +/- miles southwest of Kalkaska. Anyone interested, pls. contact me @ buffmaster_1@hotmail.com or hudsonrm@provide.net and we can work out where to meet. I'd love to ride w/some of the DRN members (or just anyone else for that matter). Thanks.

------------------
OOOPS.....THERE'S ONE MORE BROKEN...

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
buffmaster, I may be in that area earlier in the weekend. I tend to ride on Friday and Saturdays. Any chance you will travel north earlier than Saturday. If so, drop me a note at mmaurer@allmerica.com.
If not, maybe some other time. My dad has a cabin/trailer in the area and we are up in the Kalkaska area 5-6 times a year.
I have heard of going golfing as part of the bachelor party, but not trail riding. Good idea!!!

------------------

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Fatherandson, the bach. party is on Sat., but my friend and I are riding before we go home on Sun. We might be able to squeeze on in Sat. morning/late-morning. I'll have to check w/my best man on tee time and w/my buddy to if the before and after ride sounds OK. I'll get back to you either way. BTW, we're planning on riding up in that area (Mio, Grayling, T.C., etc.) quite often this summer. I'll keep ya posted.

------------------

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
buffmaster, enjoy the bachelor party and the honeymoon! The riding season is still young. I am sure we will find the opportunity to ride together once you return with a ring on your finger.

------------------

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Cool. Thanks fatherandson. We plan on riding up north as much as possible. I talked to my buddies and we can ride Sat. morning at about 9-10am. I've got maps for a couple of rides in the are so we've got choices.

------------------

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
fatherandson, saw your post to buffmaster and like the Friday ride ideas. We should plan for a May ride, any ideas???

------------------
Rickshaw Racing
01' KTM 400EXC
87' Yamaha TW200
86' Honda Reflex

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
rickshaw, there is a Cycle Conservation Club trail ride the first weekend in May in Baldwin. I am planning to go to travel north a day early (Friday) and ride in the Caberfae/Cadillac area. On Saturday I plan to ride in the Baldwin area. Interested?
Looking forward to lunch next week. How does Monday or Thursday work for you?

------------------

Top Bottom