Travis Pastrana coming to KC & Thank you everyone

Today was one of Chris's (Cobrakid) best days. He has started eating some solid food and is doing very well with his physical therapy. Chris as taken several small steps. He is very alert and remembers everything. He talked to me for a few minutes which made my day. Chris will still be going through several months of therapy and has a long road ahead of him.

Chris told me he will personally thank everyone for the cards and prayers as soon as he gets back home.

NOW FOR THE GREAT NEWS!!!!

Travis Pastrana's mom talked to Chris's mom yesterday and Travis and his mom are coming to Kansas City to visit Chris in the hospital this Friday afternoon. Thanks to the moderators who helped with this and especially to OLDGUY who personally handed a letter written by myself and also a letter written from Jeremy Lentz (SOLO) to Travis's mom at the Millville race. Chris's dream will finally come true to get to met his superhero Travis.

Thanks again,

Rick McDowell

Way to go Travis. That impresses me even more about him. Also glad to here the young man is doing better, that is a relief.

biglou

That is outstanding!!! I actually have goosebumps. Rick, you are the man. OldGuy, thank you for your kind actions. This will make Chris' day! Hats off to you all.
***Little smiley with a tear goes here***

Thump

Jr Admin Type
That is great news! Thanks for the update Rick. Travis is a good kid, but Chris would have done the same thing for him if the situation was reversed.

Thanks Travis, you have really shown your true colors to a kid in need.

I've got to ditto the goosebumps. All this is just way too cool (my teenagers speaking...).

_SOLO_

Pro Champ
Like I told you on the phone, I'm really glad that Chris is doing that much better. I am just glad that I could help out in some way. And a big thanks goes to Oldguy who made this whole thing possible by delivering the letters.

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
This only goes to show what a family such as DRN can accomplish.
The letters I delivered had both my wife and I in tears they were so honest in conveying Chris's situation. As a mother I knew Mrs Pastrana would also be very touched.
Please extend my most sincere thank you to the Pastrana's and my best wishes to Chris for a quick and full recovery

Vic

***** freak.
:cool:

RM_guy

Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
Damn Yankees
More evidence of dirtbiker’s being good people. :cool: Way to go!:)

JimmyD2

Subscriber
Excellent work everyone. That shows what good friends Chris has (even ones he has never met) and what a class act Pastrana is. :)

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Way to go Guys. Travis is a real human being and it shows all the time. Good to hear Chris is making positive progress. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Rick - I got your email last night and was just totally amazed! I knew Travis would come through, somehow... BUT THIS IS IN A BIG WAY!! WOW!!! Travis is just as amazing as they can possibly come - what a genuine great person! Excellent - Chris is going to have the biggest smile on his face Friday when he sees Travis! I'm sure this alone will lift his spirits much more than any therapy will. I am also happy to hear that Chris has been improving every day!! That is great news! I can't wait to get the "Pastrana visit" details from him when he gets home!

And Dave - way to "deliver" the message!! I think it's so great how we can all help each other out - Rick, Jeremy, Dave, everyone - to make something like this happen. A dream come true for Chris who went to the St. Louis SX with one goal - to get Pastrana's autograph (he didn't get the autograph - but looks like he will get that and a lot more priceless memories Friday!!)