Travis Pastrana coming to KC & Thank you everyone

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Today was one of Chris's (Cobrakid) best days. He has started eating some solid food and is doing very well with his physical therapy. Chris as taken several small steps. He is very alert and remembers everything. He talked to me for a few minutes which made my day. Chris will still be going through several months of therapy and has a long road ahead of him.

Chris told me he will personally thank everyone for the cards and prayers as soon as he gets back home.

NOW FOR THE GREAT NEWS!!!!

Travis Pastrana's mom talked to Chris's mom yesterday and Travis and his mom are coming to Kansas City to visit Chris in the hospital this Friday afternoon. Thanks to the moderators who helped with this and especially to OLDGUY who personally handed a letter written by myself and also a letter written from Jeremy Lentz (SOLO) to Travis's mom at the Millville race. Chris's dream will finally come true to get to met his superhero Travis.

Thanks again,

Rick McDowell

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Way to go Travis. That impresses me even more about him. Also glad to here the young man is doing better, that is a relief.

B

biglou

That is outstanding!!! I actually have goosebumps. Rick, you are the man. OldGuy, thank you for your kind actions. This will make Chris' day! Hats off to you all.
***Little smiley with a tear goes here***

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
That is great news! Thanks for the update Rick. Travis is a good kid, but Chris would have done the same thing for him if the situation was reversed.

Thanks Travis, you have really shown your true colors to a kid in need.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Like I told you on the phone, I'm really glad that Chris is doing that much better. I am just glad that I could help out in some way. And a big thanks goes to Oldguy who made this whole thing possible by delivering the letters.

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
This only goes to show what a family such as DRN can accomplish.
The letters I delivered had both my wife and I in tears they were so honest in conveying Chris's situation. As a mother I knew Mrs Pastrana would also be very touched.
Please extend my most sincere thank you to the Pastrana's and my best wishes to Chris for a quick and full recovery

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Excellent work everyone. That shows what good friends Chris has (even ones he has never met) and what a class act Pastrana is. :)

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Way to go Guys. Travis is a real human being and it shows all the time. Good to hear Chris is making positive progress. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Rick - I got your email last night and was just totally amazed! I knew Travis would come through, somehow... BUT THIS IS IN A BIG WAY!! WOW!!! Travis is just as amazing as they can possibly come - what a genuine great person! Excellent - Chris is going to have the biggest smile on his face Friday when he sees Travis! I'm sure this alone will lift his spirits much more than any therapy will. I am also happy to hear that Chris has been improving every day!! That is great news! I can't wait to get the "Pastrana visit" details from him when he gets home!

And Dave - way to "deliver" the message!! I think it's so great how we can all help each other out - Rick, Jeremy, Dave, everyone - to make something like this happen. A dream come true for Chris who went to the St. Louis SX with one goal - to get Pastrana's autograph (he didn't get the autograph - but looks like he will get that and a lot more priceless memories Friday!!)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We can expect a pic Rick?

This is really great stuff, congrats to some of the best people on the planet.

Travis has stepped-up more than once for us. Some of you may recall that when we asked him to sign the DRN shirt (along with just about every other pro), so we could auction it to raise money for JG (life threatening illness), he not only signed it, but also sent a pair of autographed race pants... without being asked. Thank Davey Coombs and AJ for getting us hooked-up with Travis.

He is a great kid and an awesome ambassador for our sport. I take that back. He's a great ambassador for human beings.

So special thanks to Travis and Debbie, Rick, oldguy, solo and everyone else involved... you've done a very good thing. Salute.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Wow...... Way to guys...... Im sure this will go further to help the kid along more than any medication ever could...... My hats off to all involved.......

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Okie,

I am going to ask Chris's mom to get a copy of the pictures taken for me so I can scan them in. If someone has a digital camera, I'll get some pictures to thump immediately.

Thanks again everyone and you are all right. Friday will be the greatest day in Chris's life.

I printed a picture of Nikki off at work today and we are going to hang it on the room wall and we are going to have Chris tell Travis that if he didn't hear from him, that Nikki was going to chase him down personally next week at the races.

Last edited:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
That is WAY COOL :) :) :)

I have always follwed Travis and now I am convinced he is the best thing to happen to motocross in a long time. I bet he will be the best thing to happen to Chris EVER. You guys deserve a huge thanks from all of us at DRN. It makes me proud to be associated with a crowd like this

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
WOW!

Once again I am reminded how very special this board is and how big the hearts of the people in the motorcycle comunity are.
I had a feeling that Travis was a decent person. . . this cinches it!
My best wishes to Chris, and a BIG Thank You!! to all parties involved in making this happen.
very, very :cool:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Good job to all involved. I'm sure Cobrakid will do a lot more healing from just seeing Travis than all that medicine can do. Travis has always been a positive POSITIVE person, and his good attitude shines through on the TV. I'd love to get to meet him someday.

I'm glad to hear he will be able to take time out of his schedule to make someone smile up close and personal. Way to go Travis!!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by MikeT
I'm sure Cobrakid will do a lot more healing from just seeing Travis than all that medicine can do

No doubt! Ask any physician, medicine can only do so much, the human body is also responsible for so much of it's own healing, and this is one pill no one can buy!

Thanks to everyone who made this possible. We're all getting a bit of this good juice. :)

Top Bottom