MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
What is the latest with Travis Pastrana? Is he still injured? Last I remember, I think he broke his wrist??? Has anyone heard how he is doing??

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
He is practicing the backflip for the XGames. I think team Suzuki is considering giving him the boot for his lack of committment to MX.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I hear Roger and Travis are trying to work things out, but Roger is not very happy with Travis doing the X-Games. Heck, Travis probably makes more money and enjoys it better on the X-Games.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Where did you hear that dell?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
he will supposedly be doing a freestyle demonstration at this years MXDN.......its a shame he wont be racing it!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
MikeT - here are all of the press releases on the whole Travis/Suzuki thing from Racer X:

-----------------------------------------------
July 16, 2002 -

Big changes at Suzuki?

"The message boards have been lit up since last Friday up the vague warning of a coming bombshell, which, by definition, is "Any sudden, unforeseen occurrence." The possible explosion is starting to take shape over at Team Suzuki: It appears that Suzuki is seriously considering parting ways with Travis Pastrana, the 2000 AMA 125cc National Motocross and 2001 AMA/EA Sports 125cc East Region SX Champion, over differences in Travis' desire to continue to participate in freestyle motocross events. According to several sources, Suzuki may be giving Pastrana, 18, an ultimatum: Choose racing with Suzuki or choose racing/jumping with someone else. Pastrana, who has suffered through a disastrous year of injuries and illnesses, has been getting ready for the upcoming X Games and Gravity Games by practicing his jumping routine at his house in Annapolis, Maryland, while nursing a broken wrist, which will keep him out of racing until at least the Millville, Minnesota round of the AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. Nationals in mid-August.

It also appears that Suzuki has signed Sebastien Tortelli to a multi-year contract to lead its 250cc team, which has been practically non-existent due to Pastrana's absence and the continued absence of Kevin Windham, who broke his femur at the Atlanta SX in February. Windham has yet to make his future plans clear to the powers-that-be at Suzuki. Only replacement rider Sean Hamblin has been following the national circuit in the 250 class for Team Suzuki.

As a result of the Pastrana and Windham situations, it also appears that Suzuki has stepped up talks with Jeremy McGrath's people in regard to the possibility of signing the seven-time champion's satellite Bud Light team to ride yellow next year.

Look for more on this breaking story as it develops."

-----------------------------------------------
July 17, 2002 -

Bombshell Defused: Travis staying with Suzuki

"We can take the "Save Travis" banner off the water tower now. A Tuesday afternoon meeting between superstar Suzuki rider Travis Pastrana and the Suzuki brass took an unexpected turn. Instead of releasing the rider from his contract as many expected, Suzuki decided not to part ways with Pastrana and instead discussed a long-term future with the racer/freestyler that would allow him to continue to both race and jump. The relationship between Travis and the team has been tested lately as he recovers from a wrist injury and illness. The company was not very happy to see him practicing new jumps for the upcoming X Games and Gravity Games with his broken wrist. Pastrana is not expected to return to the AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. National MX Series until at least the Millville, Minnesota, round in mid-August.

With Pastrana staying and Sebastien Tortelli apparently joining the team, it will be interesting to see if Suzuki continues to pursue seven-time supercross champion Jeremy McGrath, who has yet to sign with a manufacturer for the 2003 season."

----------------------------------------------
July 17, 2002 -

Travis Pastrana speaks out

We just got this note from Travis:

"Well, in the past few days I have been called by every outside sponsor, magazine, bike company, friends and family members! I would have written in to clear up the rumors sooner but since everyone seemed to know something that I didn't I needed to make sure I just wasn't out of the loop. The truth... everything is still going well between Suzuki and myself. I have had a very disappointing year but you have to remember that Suzuki has stuck with me throughout my many injuries in the past. As a matter of fact, Suzuki signed me on to the pro team when I was in a wheel chair with a broken back. Roger is a stellar team manager, a great asset to myself and he is surprisingly understanding of what I have been through this year. You have to remember that everything that has been wrong with me this year and most other years for that matter was directly related to racing and not freestyle.

It was neat to see that, even with a bad year, people haven't lost faith in my ability to win races; but I am very happy where I am and hope to be their for a long time. Ride on Suzuki!"

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Nikki, you da best! Thanks Man!.......uh, girl. ;)

Top Bottom