RECENT POSTS

Tree Planting Sun. @ P-Cone Location

I haven't read much discussion on the Sunday tree planting! I am planning on planting some trees Sunday if my wife will let me off of my "chores at home leash". Remember, trees provide us with much needed oxygen so our bikes fuel has the combustion catalyst to mix with. No oxygen, bike no run. Yeah I know it helps us breath but breathing would stink without a "CO2 MONSTER" to ride. So how about it? Gonna come plant some trees kids? :yeehaw:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
We will be meeting at the Leetsville ORV staging area (NOT the same location as the Spring Pine Cone) at 9:00 on Sunday morning. We have been assured by some high level DNR officials that the trees will be there. It seems that they got some snow in their tree farm IN THE U.P.!!!

Leetsville, oops! I stand corrected. Thanks for the correct info Mike. A little closer for some, cool. Good day.......

Thanks for the coordinates!!

Bringing a couple new recruits to join my boys and I in the Spring Pine Cone this year. Planning to plant some trees on Sunday as well.

BTW...in support of Don M., Aaron H., Jerry C. and all those true to Blue, picking up my new 2007 WR 250 on Friday.

Don Marsh

Subscriber
Congrats on the new "BLUE" bike you will like it. Oh, by the way blue won the overall at Roselawn.
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
Greg - be sure to take the factory installed rag out of the air box before you ride the new bike.
overall winner- 80% rider/20% bike. Mastin hit a check hot and still beat everyone by 5 points. I think he could have won the overall on a 1990 ATK.

Thanks for the tip!!

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I think I will be riding it right out of the box on Saturday and save the "uncorking" until I have broken it in a bit. Someone said without modifications it will seem allot like my old TTR-250. With the spring snow and travel of late, Friday will be my first day to get on any bike so far this season, so the FES will be an ideal time to break in the bike (and the rider).

Look forward to seeing (and meeting) many of you this weekend.

KTM Mike

Mi. Trail Riders
I plan to be there with the wife and kids - do we need to bring a shovel or anything - or is that what the ATK will be for ;^) ?

Don Marsh

Subscriber
Bring a shovel or spade if you have one we usually run out.
Don

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
How big are these trees? Do we need a full-sized shovel, or a little hand gardening spade?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Smit-Dog said:
How big are these trees? Do we need a full-sized shovel, or a little hand gardening spade?
Here's what we used last year..... ;)

Attachments

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Actually, the trees are real small and something like this works perfectly.... :cool:

Attachments

Don't know how many trees were planted or how many attended, but it was alot on both counts. Great effort to all. :cool:

KTM Mike

Mi. Trail Riders
We had a great time to! Didnt even have to bring in the heavy machinery Badgerman suggested! I do need lessons in NOT opening my mouth and inserting foot though, dont I Badgerman?