slowone

Aug 4, 2006
I haven't read much discussion on the Sunday tree planting! I am planning on planting some trees Sunday if my wife will let me off of my "chores at home leash". Remember, trees provide us with much needed oxygen so our bikes fuel has the combustion catalyst to mix with. No oxygen, bike no run. Yeah I know it helps us breath but breathing would stink without a "CO2 MONSTER" to ride. So how about it? Gonna come plant some trees kids? :yeehaw:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We will be meeting at the Leetsville ORV staging area (NOT the same location as the Spring Pine Cone) at 9:00 on Sunday morning. We have been assured by some high level DNR officials that the trees will be there. It seems that they got some snow in their tree farm IN THE U.P.!!!

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Leetsville, oops! I stand corrected. Thanks for the correct info Mike. A little closer for some, cool. Good day.......

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
Thanks for the coordinates!!

Bringing a couple new recruits to join my boys and I in the Spring Pine Cone this year. Planning to plant some trees on Sunday as well.

BTW...in support of Don M., Aaron H., Jerry C. and all those true to Blue, picking up my new 2007 WR 250 on Friday.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Congrats on the new "BLUE" bike you will like it. Oh, by the way blue won the overall at Roselawn.
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Greg - be sure to take the factory installed rag out of the air box before you ride the new bike.
overall winner- 80% rider/20% bike. Mastin hit a check hot and still beat everyone by 5 points. I think he could have won the overall on a 1990 ATK.

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
Thanks for the tip!!

Can't wait to get my hands on it. I think I will be riding it right out of the box on Saturday and save the "uncorking" until I have broken it in a bit. Someone said without modifications it will seem allot like my old TTR-250. With the spring snow and travel of late, Friday will be my first day to get on any bike so far this season, so the FES will be an ideal time to break in the bike (and the rider).

Look forward to seeing (and meeting) many of you this weekend.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I plan to be there with the wife and kids - do we need to bring a shovel or anything - or is that what the ATK will be for ;^) ?

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Bring a shovel or spade if you have one we usually run out.
Don

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
How big are these trees? Do we need a full-sized shovel, or a little hand gardening spade?

Here's what we used last year..... ;)

Attachments

• Truck%20Web%20Photo.jpg
    Truck%20Web%20Photo.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 160

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Actually, the trees are real small and something like this works perfectly.... :cool:

Attachments

• tree_spade.jpg
    tree_spade.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 165

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
We had a great time to! Didnt even have to bring in the heavy machinery Badgerman suggested! I do need lessons in NOT opening my mouth and inserting foot though, dont I Badgerman?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks to every one that helped, our daughter Erin represented our family efforts this year while I delivered my RV and Trailer to Pauls RV repair in Kingsley to remove the damage done by "Fu Kung POW" when he ran into the back of me the previous weekend heading to Roselawn IN. Then by the time I got done the trees were all planted and I went to pick up Erin at the staging area.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Thank you everyone that came out for the planting!
The day was perfect and with just over 100 people the 8000 trees went in the ground quickly.(We were done by 11:30am)

This event still brings in some very good publicity and helps with how and what the MDNR can and will do for us.

We had one more area to plant but due to problems at that site beyond Dave Johnsons control we couldn't plant.

I hope all had a good time,and look forward to an even bigger event next year!

Thomas Dunn
AMA D-14
Assist Legislative Director
Enduro Chairman :)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Thank you everyone that came out for the planting!
This event still brings in some very good publicity and helps with how and what the MDNR can and will do for us.
Do you know how hard it was for us to stand there quietly as TV 7 interviewed Mr. Dunn. We wanted to heckle him so bad!!!! :p

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
On the news last night they didn't show any of the interview, just talked about it and showed a set of hands planting a tree. Who ever it was didn't plant it right so I'm gusssing it was the news guy after everyone was gone.
Don

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
KTM Mike said:
I do need lessons in NOT opening my mouth and inserting foot though, dont I Badgerman?

:rotfl: I remember giving her a PineCone/Arbor Day T-shirt last year when she helped with the planting. I guess she should have worn it yesterday, eh?

Top Bottom