Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Man am I jealous........ from what I have heard the race should be great. :bang:
Hope everyone has fun and a great race. :ride:
Don

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Steve, our group will be leaving on Saturday at 9:00 am. No one should be on the arrows unless they have a club member with them.

Don - I hope you can make it out on Sunday afternoon. I am sure the race nazi would not mind pushing your wheelchair through the dirt and grass.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
I rode 1/2 of the test sections yesterday and will do the remainder tomorrow. Don't miss this one. Excellent arrowing and wonderful terrain. Have pre ridden a fiew and this is shaping up better than ever. The Hunt brothers even threw in a little something special. :yikes: You won't be dissapointed.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
TCTrailrider said:
I rode 1/2 of the test sections yesterday and will do the remainder tomorrow. Don't miss this one. Excellent arrowing and wonderful terrain. Have pre ridden a fiew and this is shaping up better than ever. The Hunt brothers even threw in a little something special. :yikes: You won't be dissapointed.
Denny thanks for putting my mind at ease, With the problems of my past events I'm as nervous as an expecting father down here in Lansing :ohmy:
Thank you and all the others that have helped to put on this event I owe you all!
I will see you all there Saturday AM.

Don I hope you can make it out after your penile implant/tummy tuck surgery:nener:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
No _personal_ experience. I'm assuming you plan to do some riding in the area unrelated to the event...

Typically the fine is ~ $150 and for operating in a closed area (Roscommon & Ogemaw County). Region 7, Roscommon Office, cover that area, although it's on the edge of another LEO district.
Anyway, there's a CO out of Region 7 that's pretty, um, enthusiastic about ORV related enforcement. He was at the FES at Kalkaska (same location as TreeTopper?) and had a, um, discussion with folks that were camping at the location about the camping rules or permit. Same CO also was at the Vintage Ride (Frederic, just down the road) and had an, um, enthusiastic discussion in regards to the event, camper location and related activities. He also stopped a bunch of DS riders at that event and, um, enthusiastically explained the ORV related rules to them. Event though they were all perfectly legal, legit and old farts putting around.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
I know they actively patrol the power-lines in that area, so I'd assume they have the same "enthusiasm" for the roads.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
So what's the story on the camping rules or permit? The flyer says primitive camping at the start. I'm hitting the road at 9am with my camper in tow and was planning on staying there at the start overnight.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Don't think camping should be a problem. Last year probably 40 rigs. 3 Porta Johns delivered today. My guess is camping is part of the permit.
The route sheet Smit Dog posted is being corrected. If your programing your computor, stop after gas.
Rode the rest of it today, very good stuff. It will blow last years Topper away. Trail is better, excellent arrowing.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:
Don't think camping should be a problem. Last year probably 40 rigs. 3 Porta Johns delivered today. My guess is camping is part of the permit.
The route sheet Smit Dog posted is being corrected. If your programing your computor, stop after gas.
Rode the rest of it today, very good stuff. It will blow last years Topper away. Trail is better, excellent arrowing.

Looks like that minor in marketing you took waaaaaay back in college is paying benifits there old timer. Thanks for the trail reports-now go burn in the trail some more!

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
Does your headlight need to be visible ? I want to run a number plate bag.Sorry for such a lame question.
Thanks

SNDMN2, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE HEADLIGHT. PUT THE BAG ON AFTER TECH. :cool: I'LL BE WORKING THE EVENT FOR LMC. LOOK FOR ME BRIGHT AND EARLY SUN MORNING. I'D LIKE TO PUT A FACE WITH A NAME. LOOK FOR THE 2001 CR250 WITH #13 ON THE SIDE NUMBER PLATES. I BE PARKED AROUND THE SIGN-UP AREA. :ride: SEE YA THERE!!!
DAVE L.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
MATTSKN said:
Is tech going to be set up the same as it was in Wolverine? :cool:

Matt, they do a sound check for sure, bike needs to look legal at least. See you there.
FT

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
Fred, I'll see you on Sunday morning. I have some time keeping ? for you this is my first non restart Enduro should be interesting. :cool:

Top Bottom