CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Trial – A funny looking dirt bike that goes over big rocks. Tribulation – An experience that tests one’s endurance and patience. Yup, that about describes this weekend!

I want to give a HUGE THANKS to Nicole for having the patience to struggle through a weekend trials bike lesson for me. I had such a great time, learned a lot about what skills I need to practice, almost ran into more than one tree, and best of all I met a very sweet and talented couple!

Those trials bikes are a KICK. All that suspension, power, and low-end crawl with such little weight makes your mind think you might actually be able to go over that log... with a little practice of the proper technique, of course. ‘Learned something about the proper corner technique that will come in handy on any dirt bike, I think. ‘Gotta practice that one. And who knew you’re supposed to cover yer clutch and brakes levers all the time so you don’t run into trees after going over logs? Not me, but now I know!

I most of all enjoyed trying to put it all together by following Nicole and her hub’s lead on a beautiful trail ride through (and sometimes over) the golden Aspens. Ya'll are awesome folks!

:) Thanks :)

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Jenn,

You are more than welcome. Come back anytime, my dogs already miss you.

CJ told me she was not very tall but since it was the trials bikes we would be riding I wasn't worried. When she showed up I finally had sympathy for you girls who post that say you are too short and the bike is too tall. I have 32" inseams so height is not an issue for me. As for CJ when she was standing on the ground the frame of the trials bike was right there. But to Cj's credit she does not let height keep her from riding whether it is her ducati street bike or a trials bike. She did really good and learned a lot. I think she might even get a trials bike now.

If anyone else wants to come for a free lesson I will provide the bike.

Nicole

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
Those trials bikes are really cool, and I can say learning trials techniques has helped me big time in improving my riding skills. :cool:

CJ Rider, you're so right about those trials bikes being so light and maneuverable they make you feel like you can go over nearly anything. When I switch back to my enduro bike after riding the trials bike, I get into the better mentality of actually believing that I can do it and giving it a better attempt. I'm getting better at being not such a scardy cat about obstacles because of the trials techniques. I'm glad to hear you had so much fun. Hope to hear more about your trials riding adventures! :)

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Originally posted by CJ Rider

Those trials bikes are a KICK. All that suspension, power, and low-end crawl with such little weight makes your mind think you might actually be able to go over that log...

Sounds like my CR. :think oh, they are LIGHTweight!

Way to go Jen!! Nicole, I would love to take you up on that offer. I have always wanted to ride in Colorado, maybe someday, maybe someday.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
bboom,

Make the trip and I will provide the bike. Or if anyone wants to come to Vail to ski you can stay here and I can maybe even get you free tickets.

Nicole

Top Bottom