uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
What do you guys think about running on a wr250f? I know its more dependant on what kind of terrain you ride, but ive been thinking about putting one on. any thoughts?

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
put one on, you wont be sorry.they last longer than a knobby, and stick to everything. i was amazed the first time i ran one on my bike. it made me a better rider. i dont deflect or spin on rocks and wet roots anymore.they dont collect mud... what more can you ask for ??? :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They like low tire pressres! There is a crazy amount of grip available but it can all go away if you pump up past 10-12psi. Consider most trials riders run 2-6psi in the rear depending on conditions.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I know of one rider that is using a trials tire on a 250. He swears by it. Always looks like he has a flat though. After going to my first trials event and seeing all of the "flat" tires and how much grip they were getting, makes me consider putting one on my 250.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll be using one when I wear my current Pirelli out.

uh_oh

Sep 25, 2007
can anyone tell me what a good one is?
also, will it be ok on asphalt or will the wear it out quickly? I have to ride a bit of pavement (dont worry its a private road) to get to a couple riding areas.

Ud Luz

Jan 4, 2002
The Dunlop 803 is around $50 less money than the Michelin and has somewhat stiffer sidewalls. The Michelin is a little stickier and possibly slightly longer lasting.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
i ride 3 miles of blacktop 3 times a week to get to my favorite trails,i havnt noticed any extra wear due to that,i was running a dunlop but it didnt last as long as i would have liked. PATMAN recomended the mich. and ive been running it since, i realy like this tire. do keep your pressure low, i run 9 pounds. :cool:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
No, there are people who know; it's just that no one wants to bother responding to such a question. It really has nothing to do with running a trials tire.

You always risk "buckling my rim" anytime you jump. Exactly how you jump, e.g. how high, far, and most important, how and what you are landing on have not been explained by you.

If you are afraid of the consequence of any action you are considering, then don't do it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Define "jumping".

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Uh, I'd avoid that with low pressures. Two options, adjust the air pressure up when you feel like a FMX rider and down when you are doing technical trails or two rear wheel sets, one with trials tire and one with knobby.

Top Bottom