hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
When I lived in Washington, a lot the KTM guys were running trials tires on the rear. I'm always up for being the odd duck that's little off the wall. I'm thinking about trying it, but I thought I'd get some feedback here. Anyone run them and stop? If so, why? Or, does anyone swear by them and at what level do you ride? I'm a B offroader riding a lot of mixed terrain harescrambles and enduros.

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
I could tell you but then I would have to take you out! Just kidding. I ride a KTM 525 and run a trials tire 90% of the time.I am a upper A class rider. They work best in rocky, exposed roots & hardpack.They dont work on grass tracks! If you are going to use them for racing run them with a teck tube. for trail riding use a tube and run 14lbs of air, It will be like running 8lbs on a standard tire. You should get 300 to 400 miles of hard trail riding out of a trials tire. No kidding they work great even when you think you should have replaced it three rides ago. Yes I swear by them.

I run The Michelin tube type. 400/18

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Good question. I went riding with a friend who had a trials on the rear recently. He said the same thing for real hardpack and rocky slippery it gets very good traction. Any thing loose or loamy is not so good and generates alot of wheelspin. But he swears by it. I suppose you just try one and let us know how you go.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I've ridden with them too. Surprisingly good in a wide range of conditions. Amazing in slippery rocks and roots.

Top Bottom