Tried of the 250F "ultimate bike" reference's

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Well, I was way off, there were a lot more 2-strokes in the 125 main than I thought.
Out of 22, there were 5.

4th, 8th, 9th, 11th & 16th.

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
Only 5 out of 22 on the west coast. The east is a different story, I think about half the class is 2-stroke :aj:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Okiewan said:
Well, I was way off, there were a lot more 2-strokes in the 125 main than I thought.
Out of 22, there were 5.

Matt and I counted 6 in the qualifying races so 5 of the 6 2-strokes made it to the main.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
kdxtodd said:
The east is a different story, I think about half the class is 2-stroke :aj:

Pretty close. At Pontiac, 10 of the 22 bikes in the 125cc main were two strokes. Of the top 10 finishers, five were two strokes. Of the 40 bikes that qualified for the evening's 125cc program, 15 were 125cc.

If you look at the Pontiac results, the 'average' two stroke racer had a better chance to make the main and get a good finish than the 'average' four stroke rider.

Maybe there's a future for the two stroke afterall.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
the guys riding two-strokes are the factory guys who have all kinds of money in those bikes anyways...for the privateer just trying to make the night show, a four-stroke levels the gap between factory and privateer a little. Case and point, Kyle Lewis, in '02 he was getting holeshots left and right on a crf450 that had a yosh pipe, thats it.

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
OH well, 2-strokes are just getting in the way of the thumper future, I hope all those 2-strokers switch to 4-stroke so we can just get it done with so when electric motors are upon us they can take over the 4-strokes. Damn the thumpers!!!!!

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
The next big engine mfr we'll see in dirt bikes may well be Briggs and Stratton....perhaps they can make an even simpler and lighter engine than the CRF engine!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
DougRoost said:
The next big engine mfr we'll see in dirt bikes may well be Briggs and Stratton....perhaps they can make an even simpler and lighter engine than the CRF engine!

Will it have a governor?

:)

Black Mamba

Apr 30, 2004
as long as its on two wheels and has good handling and power ill ride it but the CRF450 is pretty pricey. Better try before I buy, been awhile since I climbed on one.

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I would really love to see the AMA step in and enforce some sort of noise restriction on all bikes, 2 or 4 stroke. The way I look at it, this will create greater R & D into pipe construction so we can have fast AND quiet bikes (I hope) and keep the spoiled brat with a new 4 stroke, a small neighborhood and a 600 dollar pipe that makes his bike sound like the space shuttle launching from pissing everybody off and closing my riding areas. I don't mind the loud noise myself, wouldn't ever want to lose ponies for decibels, but that's the reality of keeping our riding areas.

Top Bottom