02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
I loaded up the bikes today at lunch so my buddy and I could go straight after work. We pull in to the regular spot straight off the highway on the east side of 360. I was wondering why nobody else was there to kick off the weekend. Then I realized there were boulders blocking the only real way to get back there! So we walked back there and ran into a couple of skittish guys with a truck and a four wheeler. They said some guy is shutting it down but they snuck back there. Apparently a guy was arrested out there yesterday for the same thing.. I dont understand how somebody just closes off a place people have been going for years and years. Ive been pretty frustrated with places to ride lately. I just got a $200 ticket last weekend from a game warden in oklahoma because I used an 80 ' long trail that apparently is illegal so I could get to the real trail that is legal. Sorry for the long post. I just had to blow off some steam. I know you guys have felt the same way from time to time. Our 2 smokers are going away along with the unregulated, free trails. :pissed:

Last edited:

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
The more I think about it, the more I think this is fishy.. I know the city would not put up boulders to block a path. They would plug the guard rail and post a sign saying it is illegal. I think there is a land owner near by that just has a chip on his shoulder. People have been riding here for 40+ years! You would think that if the city had a problem with it, it would have been shut down a while ago. There is another way to access it off of trinity and main st. I will check it out soon and report back.

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
Well, I drove by there today. There are trucks parked once again. I dont think whoever tried to run people off was very successful at it. Technically, it is legal because ft. worth doesnt have an OHV law stating it isnt. Its a small strip on they're far outskirts and they dont seem to care much about it. If they do, we will no be allowed to ride there anymore. But, until then, I am going and you guys should too.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I rode there about every weekend all thru the 70's and 80's, was a lot more land then.

But have only been back once in the last 5 years, not much area left to ride on.

Top Bottom