Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Anyone know of any good ones? I have some Protapers in the works and will be needing new mounts for the bark busters. They are the Moose brand if it makes any difference. I was going to go with the standard mounts, but isn't the point of the tapered bar to to absorb some shock and vibrations? Its seems to me that the metal bar and clamp would stiffen up the bar not allowing it to do its job and by mounting one end to the triple clamps it would leave the bar to flex more as it was designed to do.

So with that said, anyone got any opions (I know everyone has one, but how about on the subject :) ) and maybe someone will list a manufacture for some triple clamp mounts. I have seen the SRC mounts, but not realy sure if they will work with non-SRC stuff (like the moose stuff that I have).

Thanks

B

biglou

Dan-If I remember correctly (I had a 98 DR350), the tripleclamp bolts may not accept the attach points for TC-mounted BB's. I wanted to do this with my kTm, but realized that the clamp screws on the stock kTm clamps were at a weird angle, so I had to go with the bar mounts. I think any of the Cycra, Enduro Engineering, etc. bar mounts for Pro-Tapers will fill the bill nicely. You can also check out their websites and get an idea of how the triple clamp mounts work. They look very nice, but I just didn't have the money to replace my clamps just to get that mounting system. EE's site is www.enduro-eng.com

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
I have the am-pro mounts and they work just fine with the moose handguards.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I scored a new Answer top clamp off E-bay. They have a side mount on them (I think) I will know more when I get them. I have seen the ones that EE makes that will fit the 1 1/8" bar. They are just like the ones that I have one there now.

I was just trying to do a little research before I got the clamps.

B

biglou

I think with the new top clamps you should have no problem with the clamp-mount BB's. That is a sweet set-up! I just didn't want to lay out the cash for a new top clamp just to get that option on mine! (I did break one of my bar mounts at Chadwick this last Spring, however!)

May 8, 2000
$4.00 chunk of aluminum, template made from light weight metal, metal saw(hacksaw if its fairly straight) and a little patience. I made mine two years ago to go with my pro-tapers; it took a little while but it was worth it and it allowed me to use my five year old $25.00 Maier back busters. I have the Applied top triple clamp with front mount which made it easy; I just mounted them up and used a large crescent wrench to put what ever bends they needed to make a clean connection.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The SRC stuff is top notch. Call there and talk to Wade or anyone actually. They sell other brands of guards and they can tell you what will work with his clamps and what won't.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I use Cycra with the triple mount kit (they have two mounting kits depending on your triple clamps) and they are far more rigid than anything I've used before. They have not spun oncen ... like the Acerbis.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I made my own inside mounts for the triple clamp to the bark busters. They work well and havent caused any problems so far.

Top Bottom