Triple first impression product review

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I got a bunch of cool new stuff!!!!

My new PDS #0 came in, but I haven’t ridden yet so I can’t say much there.

My Vixen pants in the correct size came in (Thank you Suzanne and Eric) and I put them on with knee braces, bike shorts, kidney belt, basically everything but socks and boots.

My thoughts: They look great. They passed the “boyfriend butt test.” They fit over braces and seemed to move great. The liner is wonderful and the stretch panels well placed. The only thing I noticed was the edges of the velcro piece for the hip pads dug into my skin a little. I can’t wait to ride in them.

My new Tag T2 Mini Hi bend bars are on the bike. They feel great too and I really think I will like this setup. They measure 29.5” tip to tip, which is what many woods riders and some women cut them down to anyway. Everything fit and while they seem a tad tall for a seated position, they are perfect while standing. Which is good—I need to stand more anyway. All my levers etc fit, although the brake hose fitting is pretty tight against the bend of the bar. There is enough room for it to rotate a little if I crash. We put teflon tape under the perches so they rotate instead of braking anyway.

I ended up with a new pair of riding shorts too—Steve ordered a pair and they sent a small instead. So I ended up with them. They are EVS air tech shorts and the entire front is mesh (no prancing around in the parking lot before changing, that’s for sure). They have a padded crotch that might make that KTM seat a little more comfy. ;)

The bike looks sweet and I can’t wait to ride and finish filling out my thoughts of all my new goodies!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Well, I LOVE the pants. I’m not too sure about the jersey—the fabric is nice, it stays real cool, but the cuffs are too tight. If they don’t stretch out I will cut them off. But the pants are sooooo nice. Comfy, they fit well and hold up very well. I am sold.

The spring made a huge difference. The bike feels like a whole new machine. I will probably slide my forks back up since it’s almost too responsive now. It definitely corners much better and, barring rider error, soaks up the rough stuff much nicer.

The bars are also very nice. I feel 100% more comfortable on the bike and didn’t have to think about maintaining my riding position as much. I still have bad habits but the narrower bars make it easier to stay forward and stand up and keep my elbows up. I busted my rally guards off though. They took a pretty good beating. For all those with KTMs . . . Loctite those bar mounts! They came loose after my crash, and they came loose when I first got the bike too.

And the shorts were good as far as shorts go. I didn’t really notice they were there at all, I didn’t sweat much, and that’s the function of shorts.

I’m happy with my new stuff. Too bad I can’t play with my new toys again for a while. :(

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
dang these computers anyway

Attachments

• ktm3_s.jpg
    ktm3_s.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 249

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Damn, I was hoping it was a pic of the Vixen gear, not just a boring
pic of your bike <grin>. Man, that looks a sweet set up, it just
looks so tidy compared to my bike. But I think there's something
missing (and nah, I don't mean the crossbar). Gold would look good,
or I hear the GPR damper is brilliant too ;) (I've got FMF bars,
damper, watch, bicycle computer, and of course bar pad on mine, so
looks really messy).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom