fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Been hearing news of fire north of Stonyford, looks like most of the Ohv area is closed off acording to USFS web site. Does anyone have more info on the damage?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I've got no more info than could be gleaned from the web page, http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/mendocino/troughfire/index.htm

The one map showing the boundary where public access is restricted includes far more area than the acreage reported burned. Most of the restricted access area is well north of the trail system, so I'm hopeful that the trail newtork is not being damaged.

Fouts Springs/Davis Flat is at the south of the restricted boundary - fire crews are probably using that area and don't want to deal with OHV users, so trails and access into Fouts Springs show closed on the maps.

Looks to me like you could stage at Little Stony and ride the southern and western trails, but I would avoid the area until the fire is out due to smoke.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
I wounder if the fires will affect the WFO enduro in Nov????

Les, PM me! We need to talk about getting a ride going up at Elkins Flat in Oct....

Rick

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Was at Middle Creek on Saturday (see ride report) and could see a ton of smoke from the top of Willow Creek (38) where Bevans ridge trail 'starts'.

I didn't get the impression from the rangers at MC that the trails at Stonyford were in jeopardy.

I wanna know about the Elkins flat ride......

Brian

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
MR.WR and NVR FNSH Their is a D36 race (49er Qualifier) at Elkins Flat on Oct 28 Would like to meet up and ride with you guys if possible sometime. Oct is a bad month as I am doing most of the cross country races.
Remember to Ride Safe and Ride Often

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Moose,

Looks like were going to be riding the weekend before the the 49'er, that will be the 21st. Come on up if you can make it...

Rick

Top Bottom