Truckload of Bikes Coming From KC, Part 2.

biglou

The bus is full! Full of Mid-Westerners/Mid-Southerners bikes heading to Reno, that is. Here is the "final" list of attendees doing the bike transport thing from Kansas City. All of these people have their transport fee paid and have their hotel reservations and flights secured. The only variable here is if Jenny (Blackhawk) isn't released to ride by the doc, then we might have an opening for another bike.

Here is the manifest for the transport wagon:
1. Tony Eeds-Dallas, TX
2. Blackhawk-Dallas, TX
3. Big Lou-Kansas City, MO
4. Gospeedracer-St. Louis, MO
5. Mr. Luckey-St. Louis, MO
6. Nikki-Chicago, IL
7. Reddog-Chicago, IL
8. Rooster-Cornfield, IA
9. Gnarlykaw-St. Louis, MO

***Not sure if Strick still has a loaner bike available, but if any other Mid-Westerners are thinking about going, better get hold of him ASAP! This is going to be EPIC!!! It's gonna rock!!! :aj:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
The excitement builds ....

Strick

Lifetime Sponsor
I have two bikes available to loan: a '98 XR200 and (either) a '02 KTM450SX or a '02 WR426 (you get the one I am not riding that day).

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
:yeehaw: Cornfield, IA... LOL

Lou - the trailer is open, right? What's the chance that we can send gear in a rubbermaid container and/or a gas jug? If possible - I would love to send the essentails (boots, helmets, cp) with you and not trust the airlines. I had a near "damn they lost my luggage" experience yesterday and that would really suck. If a rubbermaid is possible - what size would work? The standard one (will it fit between bikes)? Or a flat one that will slide under the bikes? And what about bike stands or should we just send traingles?

:yeehaw: 46 days!!! :yeehaw:

You could always just ship your stuff UPS ahead of time to either the Hotel, Strick's House?, hell, you could even ship it to my house. I will be out at moonrocks everyday starting on Thursday...

Hmmmm, there's a thought. I wonder how much it would be to ship my gearbag..... but then again, would you trust UPS to deliver?!! :scream:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
it would be nice to just stuff it under the frame of the bike. gas? :eek: I'll just siphon from some suckers car! ;) LOL!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
There will likely be some space, but I can't guarantee how much.

Originally posted by gnarlykaw
gas? :eek: I'll just siphon from some suckers car! ;) LOL!
Rick :| not my truck! It is Diesel :laugh:

biglou

So's his bike! Badum-bumm...

A quick note on containers under the bikes. Keep in mind that these bikes are going to be packed TIGHT! 2' on center and at about a 20 degree angle. The footpegs are going to be overlapped when viewed from the rear of the bikes. So, keep your tupperware containers within those measurements. I'd say maximum 1'10" wide x whatever will fit front to back between the wheels.