Truckload of Bikes Coming From KC, Part 2.

B

biglou

The bus is full! Full of Mid-Westerners/Mid-Southerners bikes heading to Reno, that is. Here is the "final" list of attendees doing the bike transport thing from Kansas City. All of these people have their transport fee paid and have their hotel reservations and flights secured. The only variable here is if Jenny (Blackhawk) isn't released to ride by the doc, then we might have an opening for another bike.

Here is the manifest for the transport wagon:
1. Tony Eeds-Dallas, TX
2. Blackhawk-Dallas, TX
3. Big Lou-Kansas City, MO
4. Gospeedracer-St. Louis, MO
5. Mr. Luckey-St. Louis, MO
6. Nikki-Chicago, IL
7. Reddog-Chicago, IL
8. Rooster-Cornfield, IA
9. Gnarlykaw-St. Louis, MO

***Not sure if Strick still has a loaner bike available, but if any other Mid-Westerners are thinking about going, better get hold of him ASAP! This is going to be EPIC!!! It's gonna rock!!! :aj:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
The excitement builds ....

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I have two bikes available to loan: a '98 XR200 and (either) a '02 KTM450SX or a '02 WR426 (you get the one I am not riding that day).

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
:yeehaw: Cornfield, IA... LOL

Lou - the trailer is open, right? What's the chance that we can send gear in a rubbermaid container and/or a gas jug? If possible - I would love to send the essentails (boots, helmets, cp) with you and not trust the airlines. I had a near "damn they lost my luggage" experience yesterday and that would really suck. If a rubbermaid is possible - what size would work? The standard one (will it fit between bikes)? Or a flat one that will slide under the bikes? And what about bike stands or should we just send traingles?

:yeehaw: 46 days!!! :yeehaw:

galant2nr

Dec 27, 2002
You could always just ship your stuff UPS ahead of time to either the Hotel, Strick's House?, hell, you could even ship it to my house. I will be out at moonrocks everyday starting on Thursday...

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Hmmmm, there's a thought. I wonder how much it would be to ship my gearbag..... but then again, would you trust UPS to deliver?!! :scream:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
it would be nice to just stuff it under the frame of the bike. gas? :eek: I'll just siphon from some suckers car! ;) LOL!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
There will likely be some space, but I can't guarantee how much.

Originally posted by gnarlykaw
gas? :eek: I'll just siphon from some suckers car! ;) LOL!

Rick :| not my truck! It is Diesel :laugh:

B

biglou

So's his bike! Badum-bumm...

A quick note on containers under the bikes. Keep in mind that these bikes are going to be packed TIGHT! 2' on center and at about a 20 degree angle. The footpegs are going to be overlapped when viewed from the rear of the bikes. So, keep your tupperware containers within those measurements. I'd say maximum 1'10" wide x whatever will fit front to back between the wheels.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Hmmmm, there's a thought. I wonder how much it would be to ship my gearbag..... but then again, would you trust UPS to deliver?!! :scream:

they have insurance, just pay a few extra cents and have it insured for $1000, they lose it and you are in the money!

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
did a little tape checkin, and a OGIO bag fits perfectly under the bike. also, less than 22in wide. ;)
of course, I had to ask kazukiboy if I could use HIS bag instead of my rubick's cube bag!
Anyone else flyin in on thursday?? if so, what time?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
did a little tape checkin, and a OGIO bag fits perfectly under the bike. also, less than 22in wide. ;)

Think 6 mil HEAVY DUTY Home Depot Trash bags for anything you want to stay dry on the trip out to Reno ...

of course, I had to ask kazukiboy if I could use HIS bag instead of my rubick's cube bag!

How many souvenirs is that going to cost you? ;)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000

Anyone else flyin in on thursday?? if so, what time?

Good to ride with you Saturday, St. Joe is a pretty cool place, lot's of fun.

I'll be flying in at 12:24 on thurday. What time are you getting in?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Rooster
I'll be flying in at 12:24 on thurday. What time are you getting in?

Be sure and wave when you pass over the Kansas/Colorado border! We'll be down there! :thumb:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Will do Tony. I'm gonna get a check out to you yet this week.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by BigLou
At 12:24 Thursday, I hope we're somewhere in the middle of Nevada!

Duhhhhh ... I just figured that out myself. Maybe they will be able to see us as they are on final approach!

Top Bottom