ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
I have a quick question.. I believe my Oil Pump is unoperational because when I got the bike someone had cut the line to it. The gear for it is busted and I think this may be its problem. Will just ignoring it and continue mixing my gas and oil hurt it? What ratio should I use? I've been using a 40/50:1 mixture on it and havn't had any problems. I have a manual and it says to use a 20:1, but that seems a bit strong to me, especially considering the 40:1 seemed enough and the 50:1 seems aobut right.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I am not 100% sure so you will want to check with a mechanic who is familiar with the TS250 but if I'm not mistaken the oil injector is very important b/c it squirts oil directly on the crank bearing. If you don't use the oil injector you could toast your crank really early.

Ivan

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
Oooh man, I really hope its just the gear in the clutch basket because that should be a simple fix.I was reading my manual for the bike (Clymer manual for bikes of that era) about the oil pump and it said "The oil pump cannot be completly removed without causing serious damage to the crankshaft except in TS/TM400 models". So I'm thinkin I need to get that fixed ASAP.

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
The thing is I think maybe a previous owner foudn a way around this, because this thing has been riden for years without any damage to the crankshaft... And I've been riding it pretty hard. I'll try to get it fixed though.

Top Bottom