Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I bent mine :( . Anybody know where I can get one that's stronger than stock?

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
As far as I know, there aren't any aftermarket ones available. Is it hollow? If so, why not take it into a machinist and see if they can build you one that's solid, and made out of stronger stuff.

I don't recomment titanium unless you run bearings with no other surface directly running on the ti. Ti galls too easily.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
It is solid.Actually, a hollow one might be stronger. I'll leave it to Rich to explain why. :)

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
I know a hollow material can be stronger (i.e., a piston pin and its flex properties compared to a solid piece which bends). The only reason I recommended a machinist build a solid one is that it's easier for the machinist. Unless they have something that's the right ID and a close OD laying around -- in which case, a good bushing material could be an option.

Have you checked with BBR?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Have not checked with BBR. I've decided to stick with the stocker. I found out that I can get them for three bucks each, so I'll just keep replacing them as I bend them. Thanks for your thoughts. :)

John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
Bent Axle ??!!
While I was in the shop working, I kept hearing a LOUD slamming noise and a bunch of laughter....... my 2 friends were jumping my TTR (totally stock)about 35-40ft, they were launching off of a cinder block with an old wooden slat shudder for a ramp !!!! If only I had a pic !!!
I had to put a quick end to that......I cant believe that bike didnt bust in two.!!

No bent axles (one of the guys wieghs 230lbs)!!! :scream:

Ask Jeremy Wilkey if you bump into him, he was watching in disbelief!!

That little bike is tough!!

Vic , I have to ask......whatever did you do to that bike to bend the axle??!!!

Take Care, John

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
John- With friends like that........:) I probably jump some stuff that I shouldn't ,too. I will say that I've had the bike for over a year and it took this long for the axle to bend enough to be a problem. No other durabliity issues, yet.

Top Bottom