matt

Oct 28, 1999
Im 14 5'5" i weigh 150 and i was woundering if a 250 4 stroke would be to big for me and if not then what bike should i get????XR250 or TT-R250????or what ever bike you think would be better for me.

matt

Oct 28, 1999
yeah

i currently ride a tt-r 125 the only bike ive ever owned <<< its getting way too small for me and i wanna try somthing diff like maybe a 2 stroke like the kdx but i think im a little too small 4 that but i also want a bike that can be easily hoped up

matt

Oct 28, 1999
and i do alot of trail riding so a headlight is a must. but i dont want something really high performance like the WR or CRf250x is a bit much 4 me. just somthing that will get me around the track or trail with no problems at a reasonable speed. the only bikes i have in mind are the kdx200 ttr250 and xr250 but im not sure wich one would be better 4 me. ive done alot of reading on all these bikes and they all seem to be reliable and go pretty fast. just not sure wich one is better for me. would it be a joke if i tried to ride a kdx200???

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I think that you should go for the KDX, a few mods to shorten it up, and you'll be blazin up trails and rippin down track. When you get better, you can easily modify it for more power.

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
have you looked at the Suzuki 250 - not the RMZ but the DRZ 250 - nice bike for not a lot of money - not sure they still offer it though

matt

Oct 28, 1999
thanx 4 all the help if i do get a kdx i can allwasy add a flywheel weight to tame it some.and ill check into the suzuki drz250 thnx 4 all the help.

Chriscorv5

Apr 5, 2004
Not sure what you know about the kdx but my 03 kdx kills xr250s. The kdx is really easy to ride but it doesnt have that wimpy power of an xr 250 tank or a ttr 250. I think the kdx would be the best choice for you its going to be much lighter than those 2 bikes and its easy to ride. There are millions of aftermarket parts too for this bike once you start pushing the bike to its limits.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
ScottS said:
have you looked at the Suzuki 250 - not the RMZ but the DRZ 250 - nice bike for not a lot of money - not sure they still offer it though

It is still offfered but is about $300 retail more than the TTR-250.

I had one for the wife and I loved riding that bike. WIth a simple gearing change (one down on the counter sprocket) and ricker on the pilot that bike was awesome on the trails. It wasn't a YZ250F on the trails but it was fun and something you could have a lot of fun with.

My wife liked it but it was too tall for her so I got her a CRF150 instead.

The only bad thing about the DRZ250 is the external oil cooler. If you race at all you will need a guard for that.

Ivan

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
The KDX will blow away the ttr and xr250's. My modded KDX is alot faster than my dads xr 400. It is also lighter and more nimble. I would definetly recommend the KDX it is somthing that you can grow into and when you want more power there are plentty of mods.

matt90

Jun 30, 2004
ive recently looked at the DRZ and its not what im looking for.but thanks anyways.i think ill go with the KDX.thanks for all the help.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
motorider200 said:
The KDX will blow away the ttr and xr250's. My modded KDX is alot faster than my dads xr 400. It is also lighter and more nimble. I would definetly recommend the KDX it is somthing that you can grow into and when you want more power there are plentty of mods.
Oh yeah? Well my big brother.... :laugh:

I suspect my "XR250" is faster than most XR400's (& KDX's) also :p

It really sounds like a XR250 would be a good choice based upon your size, type of riding you are looking at and maintenance requirements. Not everybody needs a "F" bike to have fun but many think they do. :cool:

matt90

Jun 30, 2004
:ride: I think ill try out the kdx200 if i dont like it i can allways get a diffrent bike thanks for all the help you guys :worship:

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
You can't go wrong with a KDX- great bike. I really like the Suzuki, too. Especially that it is air cooled.

Top Bottom