Yamgroper

Jul 17, 2001
Hello can anyone please advise me on how to get more grunt out my 85 TT250 the motor is stock and feels strong when pushed hard but lacks low end grunt when riding tight trails the rear sprocket is allready larger than standard
Thanks

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Probably the usuall hot rod tricks.
High flow air cleaner.
Aftermarket exhaust.
"hotter" cam.
You could also try lightening up the bike. (less weight = more speed).
Plastic gas tank. etc.
How about tires? got some good ones on there?
Power is nothing if it cant hook up. (i cant believe I said that) :eek:

Just some food for thought.

Yamgroper

Jul 17, 2001
Thanks OnAnySunday tyres are Pirrelli MT 21"s gas tank is plastic as standard wot about opening the airbox up does this make any difference and would the jetting need adjusting:confused: with the exhaust is it best replaced complete with header pipes or does just the muffler make the difference
The bike is a bit heavy but i cant see where i can shave any weight off any ideas ??
Thanks

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
I think that the 350 motor fits straight in and would be a cheaper alternative to doing much to the 250. A good 350 motor wouldnt be that expensive from a wreckers complete with carb CDI etc. Webbys in Queensland, I think, did a fair bit of work on making them faster years ago but you have to put up with pretty poor suspenson unless you want to spend up big. Maybe a later model bike could be a better $$$$$ option.

Top Bottom