TTR 125 engine in a YZ or CR 125 frame?

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
I have been looking at the different conversions that people have been doing with the TTR125's. Has anyone seen a TTR125 engine put into a YZ or CR 125 frame? My son is getting a little to tall for His TTR. But the power is good enough for trail riding that he likes to do. I want to get him a taller bike with adjustable suspension, disc brakes and a four stroke. Any ideas or info on this kind of conversion :thumb:

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
The 125 engine would more likely fit into a crf150 chassis, IMO. But i havent heard of anyone doing this conversion. I know that there are numerous companies out there that sell tall seat and handlebar kits, and stiffer springs, if needed and those mods should last him until its time for more cc's.

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
pyrofreak going to the after market parts for the TTR is what I will most likely do. I just wanted to see if anyone had gone this route.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
BBR does alot of hybrids and conversions BBR Website Most of the TT-R conversions I've seen though have the engine going into a CR80/85 frame not a 125. I would think that would be a fair amount of extra weight for that little engine to push around.

KCL

Oct 9, 2003
BBR does the TTR engine in the CR bigwheel frames also.....kinda pricey. There are several other companies doing something similar, mostly with the XR100 engines bored and stroked to 120cc'c. DMC in California, Cartwright Conversions in Texas, are a couple. As the above posts state, for the dollar savings, bar mounts, taller seat, peg lowering might get you by for awhile. You could also do the YZ forks and extended swing arm thing. Check out the TTR post on www.thumpertalk.com

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom