Idaho Charley

Jul 20, 2000
Bought the wife a TTR 125 L. She likes the bike but I need to open up the cockpit a little. I need to add about another 1 1/2 to 2 inches to the height of the handlebars. Stock ones have about 4 inches of rise. Checked into aftermarket bars which did not lead me to the easy solution.

Has anyone found either higher bars of stock diameter or an add on riser or upper clamp to adapt this bike for a taller rider?? :aj: Thanks in advance for all responses.

Lost

Nov 12, 2000
I have a protaper bar that i cut down 1/2 in on each side. I got the generic applied big bar style clamp adapter and that kit raises the bars about 1 inch. They really make the bike fun to ride and opened up the cockpit. It'll run you about 90-100 bucks for the pro-taper bars and about 50-60 for the adapter kit. Also you could consider the bbr triple clamps. I believe they raise the bar height significantly.Good Luck!

Last edited:

Idaho Charley

Jul 20, 2000
Lost - I did not think about going that way. It may be an option.

I was surprised at the amount of rise with the stock bars and the lack of after market bars at the dealer which would give more rise. ATV bars available but the sweep of them sort of defeats the set-up (on the TTR 125) for my application.

Slack_505

Jan 28, 2001
I am really tall for my ttr125 If I where you I would go for the bbr(raises 2in I think) then get protaper hirise bars. then you could get a rear swing arm from bbr (adds like 3 inches to seat hight)
My 5 cents
Slack

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
The BBR TTR-125 triple clamp only raises the bars 7mm according to their webpage, & the BBR swingarm raises seat height 1.5 inches. Although that would help alot.

Idaho Charley

Jul 20, 2000
Thanks for the replies. Really only want to raise the height of the handle bars about 1 1/2 inches. Ideally would like to make the changes without having to purchase longer cables and brake hose. Wife rides the bike and when she is in a standing "attack" position the bars are low for her.

I've rotated the stock bars forward and their position looks about correct with the exception of needing more height. Local dealer told me the stock bars are equivelent in height to a "high mini" bar.

Right now I would like to find a short riser for the stock diameter bar if possible. The big bar adapters were the inspiration. I would even consider having the stock upper triple tree bar mounting area milled down and installing a higher bolt on riser if available. Anyone else with any ideas or information on what might work???

Lost

Nov 12, 2000
Here is always something to think about.. I got the big bar adapter and protaper bar because i knew i was going to put a yz80 front end on the bike. If you think you want to get rid of the horrible stock forks at some point, consider the big bar adapter and of course the pro-taper bars. My only regret about spending the cash on the pro-tapers is that they were for the ttr not my cr :(

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Try to match up some Renthal or Tags in 7/8 inch size with KX60 bars. They are a lot higher than "mini highs" and narrow to suit small sholders.

Top Bottom