begregory

Jun 6, 2007
My son has a TTR 230 and has been riding for only a few months. However, in a few short months he has done very well and is getting a bit more aggressive. The problem now is that the suspension (front) cannot handle what he is throwing at it and his riding is being compromised. I was considering an upgrade to a 250, be I think he is just too small for that. I have a Wr 250 and it is way to tall and way too much power, plus he only weighs 125 LBS soaking wet. Is there anything I can do to the front suspension to beef it up for him?

poisonrain87

Sep 13, 2007
TTr

a ttr is not a bike for jumping or racing. the ttr suspension is not strong bc the ttr is strictly for trail riding. i own a ttr 125 and i have the same problem. the only choice is really to buy a different bike with a stronger suspension. good luck and i hope your son continues to enjoy riding

begregory

Jun 6, 2007
Thanks for the input... that what I figured. I have been hearing a lot of information about swapping the front end out with a YZ 125. Anyone have anyideas or information?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If you can find a front end off a YZ125, it probably wouldn't take any more to make it fit a TTR230 with the same ease as putting the YZ80/85 front end on a TTR125.

Find a front end on the evilbay and give it a whirl!

begregory

Jun 6, 2007
Do you think that the yz125 front end will make the bike ride too high in the front and be a bit too stiff in relation to the rear?

Brandon1

Nov 15, 2007
and by the way i hit some small jumps (not bumps) with a ttr 230, does anyone know where i can get a rebuild kit for the front or better springs for it

Top Bottom