jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
My electric start 1999 TTR-250 suddenly decided to not start. The only thing I had done differently was use a pressure washer at the local car wash to spray off all the heavy stuff before getting home. I then got home, unloaded the bike, started it to make sure it would run after the pressure wash (started great), then put it away.

The next weekend, I wouldn't start. The start button turns the starter fine, but it just wouldn't start. So, next day I checked the fuse, etc, tried again, and it started! So, of course I went riding. I got out in the woods, and had an argument with a large log that was all the way across the trail. When I picked the bike up, it started right away, then cut out 1/2 mile up the trail and wouldn't start at all. I tried for almost an hour, then finally got some help from someone that towed me out.

Any ideas as to why it would start, then decide to cut out and refuse? Wet electrical components?

Jonny426

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2001
I have had trouble with the baja kill switch getting water/mud into it. It is not a sealed unit and the pressure wash didn't help I'm sure. If you have the same switch as me, pull it apart ,blow it out, inspect the wires carefully.There are a lot of wires in that thing so, it would be easy for one to rub thru. If you still have the stock kill switch try drying it out ,I've had problems with those also.If you dont see any water in your kill sw.,you may need to take apart the other connectors untill you find the soggy one. Good luck and stay away from wiring with the pressure washer

Jekel

Dec 22, 2001
Check all the electrical connections first. The you might drain th ecarb bowl. Then you might need to replace the spark plug. good luck.

Top Bottom