TTR125L Airbox Mods????

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
uh... where? :confused:

what i did to mine was cut the whole top out, and widen the filter plate thingy. i did this by taking the filter off of the cage, putting the cage on the plastic plate, taking a marker and drawing a line around the INSIDE of the cage, and cutting out to the line. BUT, make sure you leave the little extensions for the wing nut, or you won't have a place to anchor your filter. you'll know what i'm talking about when you get it out.

then, you jet the bike right. since i live at 5,000 feet above sea level, the stock jetting was fine with a little fiddling with the FUEL screw (the tt-r has a fuel screw instead of an air screw, so it is opposite of what an air screw does, i.e. out=richer, in=leaner)

when the plate is cut out, about 3/8 inches all the way around, then you cut 1/4" off the filter base, all the way around, just to be safe. when you put the filter back in, (remember to clean and oil first!), make sure the plate goes in BOTH grooves, top and bottom, or the engine will suck dirt and virtually sand blast the piston and cylinder. :eek:

hope that helps,

-Rob

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
oh, man, you gotta underline your little hidden links, nobody can see that your'e supposed to click on the word "here"! :confused:

WorksTTR125L

Jan 30, 2003
With proper jetting the airbox mod will be a good idea. But, if you really want snappy power you must get your flywheel shaved. I don't know the TTR125 has the giant flywheel but it is much better when its smaller. I just did it and can't figure out why I didn't do it quicker. Visit www.precision-racing-components to get some info on it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…