bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
Kali or any others that have upgraded the shock spring... Do I need a spring compressor to change out to the BBR spring or can I simply remove and replace without?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
No special tools are needed.

Fergy

Apr 12, 2001
Bulldog,

When you go to replace the front fork springs you'll need a 14mm allen head (Hex) x 1/2 drive socket. Not a common size you'll be able to find thru normal channels. I had to order mine thru the web at a cost of approx. $10.00.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by Fergy
Bulldog,

When you go to replace the front fork springs you'll need a 14mm allen head (Hex) x 1/2 drive socket. Not a common size you'll be able to find thru normal channels. I had to order mine thru the web at a cost of approx. $10.00.

You can also use a bolt with a 14mm head. :)

simimi

Dec 20, 2000
cheap tools

at bbr's suggestion, I went to the hardware store, bought a bolt with a 14mm head, bought two nuts to go on it, and then locked them on the bolt.

Wahlah, instant 14mm wrench for under a buck.

Actually it ended up as a 17mm because of the nuts I used.

Mike

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Re: cheap tools

Originally posted by simimi
at bbr's suggestion, I went to the hardware store, bought a bolt with a 14mm head, bought two nuts to go on it, and then locked them on the bolt.

Wahlah, instant 14mm wrench for under a buck.

Actually it ended up as a 17mm because of the nuts I used.

Mike

What a good idea! :cool:

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
re-jetting?

I couldnt wait for the jet to arrive in the mail so I installed the new BBR pip on my bike and notice it is running super lean, as the pipe at the head is already turning color after only about 10 minutes on the bike up and down the street. Am I safe to ride or would you wait? I dont want to burn a valve running so lean and hot like this but I dont want to wait unless I have to.

Thanx in advance,
Matt

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
The BBR pipe will go a gold blue colour near the head. You will need a bigger jet as it will be lean. If you have opened up the air box etc you probably will need a bigger jet than the one BBR will send you.

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
I went out and found a 110... Stock was 105 I'm told... it wasnt stamped. I did open up the airbox today but not as much as in kalis pictures. I cut out the square section where thge snorkel was, and opened up the filter plate a bit too, and removed the screen. I would say shes a little rich now biut not by much. I still have the big bore kit and cam to do... will the 110 be enough?

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
I found the 110 right for the BBR pipe on a stock engine with air box fully opened etc at Sea level to around 900ft. After that I went to big carb, cam, flywheel etc so I dont know what jetting would suit big bore / cam alone.

Others might know so it could be worthwhile checking to see if there is an old thred on TTR125 jetting or starting a new post.

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
What carb did you go with? Stock XR200 carb? Any problems with cold morning starts with no choke... that is if you used the xr200 carb.

Thanx,
Matt

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
I used a 26 mm Mikuni. They fit with 2.5 mm machined off the spigot end, thats the manifold end. I had it milled off by a friend. The other end fits straight into the aircleaner boot. It looks "factory". The carb I used has its choke on the side of the carb. I think it is a yz80 early model carb from the 80's. I used the Mikuni mainly for availability (it was free along with a 24 and 28 mm) and I have stacks of jets and needles for them. The XR carb requires you to make up a mount so that the bolt up flange fits the spigot mount. It seemed all to hard. Kali has a pic in one of her albums of a XR / Kehin fitted up to a TTR. The Mukini fits well the only difficulity is the air screw is a bit hard to get to.

The Mikuni gives the bike a huge power increase and revs real big. Ryan races it in Junior MX here in Australia and it will run easily with CR80's and such in C grade.

Only problem I have found is that it hits the rev limiter. I've tried jetting it all over the place and couldnt find an answer here. It runs stock bore 125cc because of class restrictions. It seems to rev more than producing the torque of a big bore. There is very few of them sold or even fewer raced here so they are rare. Rich R says it should be ported to get the best out of the carb/pipe/cam but whilst Ryans winning on it I'm not bothering to do any more to it.

Top Bottom