TTR225 Jetting for high ride in Colorado

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Posted earlier thread & didn't get much help. :whiner: Will try another approach. :think: I'm going to Colorado this summer & ride some of the mountain trails arround 9,000' & up. As far as the jetting, I'm thinking of starting off by dropping 2 sizes on the main, one on the pilot, & dropping the needle one notch. Will this get me close to where I need to be? Everything is stock on the TTR225 so what do you think? I am fairly new to trail riding (on two wheels anyway), so I won't need to burn up the trails there. Just trying to get the bike to run OK & have a lot of fun. :) Let me have some of your ideas OK? :aj:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Although it would probably help to re-jet, your 4-stroke will still run OK even if you don't. I ran into a whole group of riders from Louisiana (sea level) up in Taylor Park, CO (10,000-12,000 ft) last season all riding DRZ 4-strokes. They hadn't re-jetted and they were running fine. You'll feel the power loss either way. Now if you rode a 2-stroke, that'd be a completely different story. When/where are you riding in our neck of the woods this summer?

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I'll go along with CJ. If you do choose to rejet I think your in the ball park.

Don't think it would be a bad idea, as the 225 isn't a real powerhouse to begin with.

As CJ said expect about 20% power loss off the bat :think:

Have fun

Rod

plykins

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
Hey CJRider, we're going to Taylor Park also arround the last week in July. Went there last year on 4-wheelers. What I might do is take the jets & try it first without rejetting. THANKS for the info!!

Top Bottom