sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
i know the wr426 is a superior bike, but i love the ttrs' electric start.with the stroker kit the ttr will get up-to 34hp, so it'll have enough power, but i'm leaning towards the 426. is the 426 as hard to start as rumored? i'm an old man and hate to kick obstenate 4 strokes.thanks :think :think

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Take a stroll around this board, I think its the general consensous that the big WR starts better (when jetted right) than the small YZ250F. Bill just told me his 14 year old 120 lb kid lit it on the first whack! Take a look at the hill climbing with the TTR post. But then agian, I am an obstinate young man that dose not mind kicking new 4 strokes. :). But if you dont think you need the WR power, I would save the 401K fundage :) . Maybe a DRZ 400 witht the push button?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's a long drive to the parallel universe where TTR250s make 34 cost effective, reliable horsepower. You might want to consider the cost of the fuel to get there :scream:

The 426 is remarkably easy to start once you learn how, and the DRZ400 is a great bike selling for incredibly low prices. $4200 seems to be the norm in the Chicago area.

You could easily double the price of the TTR and not have as good a bike as either the WR or DRZ.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
the parallel universe is closer than one might think, only if one believes everything one reads.ha! even if it did, i don't know if it would be cost effective as i think its about 2k$ more, that's alot of kickings' worth, i read and article that the stealthy fly wheel might help, but after reading several more threads about wrs' kick starting i think i'm gonna go that route. i always loved yamas since the days of hurricane bob (i'm really old), but like i told the dealer when we picked up my wifes ttr" if they sold these things based on riders skill, i'd have the pw50 there!" ha! thanks.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Oh Oh I got it, you know, if your gonna spend all that scratch on the TTR, why not just get the WR and put the bucks into an after market ele start rig. They do have them for that bike. You might still have enough left over for a cushy seat tank combo and a hydrolic clutch rig. Either that or get some paint and paint the DRZ blue and white :) we wont tell Hanah, promise :p

Reeko

Aug 9, 1999
If I were looking for a good 4stroke with push button, those KTM's look nice.
Saw an older guy at the track this weekend with a 520. One little push of the button and it lit right up.

He was pretty fast on it too.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
hey dirt bike dave,ya shoulda' seen my dodge mini van...it was a brute!(at least in my mind it was!ha!) yeh, i get it. i've been outa' the dirt bike world for a while and just want to spend that paper route money wisely. i ride my ravine alot, but i'm surrounded by corn and bean fields, plus i'm gonna join the moto x club, so i want to be able to ride in some comps out there. i doubt at this age i could hang with the moto x boys, but i think i might be able to hang with the hares and enduroes. the wr it is. thanks for all the input fellas.i've been jumping out of airplanes and rapelling out of helicopters for about 20yrs with no major injuries, lets see how long it takes on a 426:D

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ha! SFC = Sergant Firt Class??????? I thought the Military had those Speed demon KLR 650s painted all green with the luggage rack on the back?

Top Bottom