TTR90 Starter Lever Swings down on jumps.

KDXDan

Oct 17, 2000
My sons TTR90's kick starter is starting to swing down when he lands a jump and hits the hard whoops. Any ideas before I get can look at it this weekend? Thanks.

DualSportr

Aug 22, 2000
if the kickstarter spring is external on the little beast, it's easily fixed. Just make sure you know where it started from, and wind it an extra turn. If it's an internal spring(which is what i recall after looking at one very briefly), then the fix isn't as easy. You do the same thing to tighten it, but you have to either remove the side cover or split the cases (i think it's a case split for this one, but again, i don't know for sure).

The spring isn't set up really stiff anyway (makes it easier for little feet and hands to deal with). If it just feels very floppy, then it's the return spring not having enough tension on it.

A quick fix? install a clip to hold the kicker. Some older desert bikes did this.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
My cousin took and drilled a hole (small) in the center and then found a spring he hooked it on a small hole in the rad shroud. He took the spring out of the kickstarter while starting even though he didn't have to. It work's well but his kick starter bent at the point he drilled the hole. He's got another on order and will weld a tab on this one.
CRG

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
One thing that helps is to mount the kickstart lever as close to vertical as possible without it interfering with the rider's leg.

Top Bottom