swingarm

Aug 15, 2002
I know turbo snowmobile exist and I have heard of people putting turbos on Banshee motors. I have never had the chance to actually take a good look at any of these machines. There are a few things I am trying to figure out for a posiable project. From what I have come up with , you wold still need an expansion chamber with the turbo mounted to the end of the pipe. But would the small outlet at the end of the chamber be large enough to spin up a small turbo? How much would the port timing have to be changed for the motor to run right and make good power? My last concern is how much boost can you put into the engine before the pressure starts to blow past the crankshft seals? Any input you guys might have would be a big help.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I have done a # of mods to my DSM turbo car. The inlet for the exhaust side of the turbo is relatively small, so the size of the end of the expansion chamber should be fine. On high booost the ECU on my DSM pulls timing back when I am not using 100+ octane and/or propane injection, so I suspect for it to work right on a 2 stroke you will need to pull timing or use a very high octane race gas. In the car world n/a cars modded with an aftermkt turbo rarely live past 8-10 psi, I would be even more conservative on a bike at first. I would think there is a lot of Banshee turbo info on the net- it has been done for a long while.

Top Bottom