CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Everyone is invited to come and ride Turkey Bay with us on June 8. Turkey Bay is located in Land Between the Lakes in Western KY. It's 2500 acres and has over 150 miles of trails. Lots of rock...lots of hills...no mud! Most of the area can be handled by an average rider. Some areas are nasty! But us locals wouldn't even think about taking you guys through the nasty stuff. :p The nearest town is Aurora, KY. There are motels and cottages as well as campgrounds in Aurora. There is also on site primitive camping at Turkey Bay for $8 per night. A weekend riding permit is $15. Everyone come on out and let's have a good ride! If some of you would like to come down Friday and Sat., let me know and I'll take Friday off and we'll ride Friday too. If you have any questions, post or email me.

corey@vci.net

I'm going to post this in the Organized rides forum as well. Maybe we can get some of the St. Louis crew to come down.
:)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm in if I can work it out.
I'll keep you posted...may come down Friday evening.

ryder

Mar 8, 2002
This is Ray. Jerry and I are in. Would you be interested in Friday also. I'll probably camp that night. I'll be debuting the new and improved YZ, so watch out! ;)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Good deal Jaybird! You're welcome to stay at our house if you don't want to camp. If you get here early enough Friday...there are 2 MX tracks just down the road from my house...

Ray, good to see you on DRN!! Glad you and Jerry are gonna ride...finally. ;) You're gonna bring the YZ to the woods? :eek: Can't wait!

I'll just work four 10's at work this week and take Friday off. I may still be wrenching on my bike, Friday, though. I'm waiting on fork seals, front wheel bearings, and a rear tire to come in.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Do they have open practice at these tracks, Corey? Lights?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
No lights, but open practice during all daylight hours. There's supposed to be a $5 charge, but usually no one is around to collect it.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Can you e-mail me your phone number, Corey?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Jaybird...you coming?

Come on...isn't anyone up for riding?
JM669
Wanabe
jason
KYKTM835
Chuck Moore
jc220
JohninKY
Racerdude
Jay-R
Darby
Yamahauler

Where you guys at??

KyKTM835

Dec 7, 2000
Cal,
I'm not sure if we can make it down there or not. There is a ride this weekend at Three Creeks in Greenville, KY also. That is where the Mid-South race is held. But I guess we could go to LBL on Sat. and Greenville on Sun. What time will you be there and where will you be parked if we decide to go?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'll be in a blue ranger splash. Click on the YZ426 link in my signature to see my bike. A buddy of mine will be in a green ford explorer with a KX 250. We always park in the parking lot on the right, just before you get to the May's Cemetery area(big open area on the left). It's the parking lot with the dumpster. If you don't see us in that lot, keep driving deeper into that parking lot(through the narrow area). We usually try to find a shady spot. If for some reason that lot is full, we'll be in the lot just across the road. I plan on getting there around 9:00 or so. I'd like to try and get some good riding in before it gets very hot.

Hope to see you there.

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
we are planning on coming. not sure how many. at least 3 of us. i will talk to jason and see if he wants to go. he may have to work

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Yamahauler
I think there is hare scramble at Crab Orchard this weekend. If not, I may see you at Turkey Bay.

There is a HS at Crab Orchard. You racers....can't ever have any fun. ;)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
We had a great time. :) I wasn't the one dropping off into mudholes this time...but Gospeedracer WAS! She hit one just like I did, only I didn't scream like she did (I hope). ;) Speedy did a great job considering her horrific fear of trees. TTRGuy almost broke his nose while trying to clear brush with his helmet. The branch hit him so hard, he saw a deer and thought it was a huge rabbit! He's an ironman though...he kept riding for hours with blood running down his face. :eek: KYKTM and crew showed up. It was nice getting to meet Bill and the Fordsville/Owensboro gang. Moose95 came out and rode with us, despite fighting some sort of virus. Yamahauler rode for a couple of morning warm up loops. Jaybird wimped out. Something about having to work for a living...or something like that. :D I had burger flippin' duties again. Once it cools down, we'll have another big ride out here. It was VERY humid, and always is until fall.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wish I could have made the ride, CAL....
Sounds like it was a good one! (you had LOADS more fun than I did)
I aint waitin till fall to come down there though....:)

What did the Owensboro boys say about riding there?(Owensboro area)

Top Bottom