KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I had emailed Rex Marquart to find out if there was a gas trailer (which there will be for both days). He said an F3 tornado hit within 1 mile of his house, and some damage was done to the woods the event runs through. He made no mention of injuries etc though. I to hope all is OK down there.

They were going to be checking it out today, and mileaging on Sunday. Depending on how much tree damage and how wet it all is, (I am sure they got plenty of rain to), he guessed around 45 ground miles Saturday, and 60 to 65 miles on Sunday.

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
Looks like timekeeping format? That would be great. I might not be faster than some, so maybe I can try to out smart some of them. Ha Ha!
I hope my awesome wife lets me ou for that weekend. Maybe I can get her to drive gas too.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
bterp67 said:
I might not be faster than some, so maybe I can try to out smart some of them.
I've only been racing there since 2005 and I can tell ya that you'll need to ride yer azz off for most of the day.

Good luck :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I hope it's damn cooooold and miserable rotten blowing snowing nasty raining weather for BOTH days!! :cool:

DW

xcracer1123

May 30, 2007
DW..u want survival like u had down in that tunnel ?? haha and i got to thinkin and i DIDNT knock ur azz over down there..from what i rememeber i blew past u goin down that road therefore i was stuck ahead of u down there

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
xcracer1123 said:
DW..u want survival like u had down in that tunnel ??
YES! And that was a damn good enduro! Loved them big hills. I already had plans for the 2nd pass through there - I was going up and over through the cut down page wire :cool: Never guess where I got that hot tip from.... ;) I was prepared slim fit piss willie! :nod:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
xcracer1123 said:
i got to thinkin and i DIDNT knock ur azz over down there..from what i rememeber i blew past u goin down that road therefore i was stuck ahead of u down there
That's right from gas to the check in. You are correct as I was re-thinking the situation on the long drive back home and I remember you were stuck 15 yards ahead of me. You did however totality drenched me throwing some major shat all over me every time you twisted that throttle! Could you hear me reciting the alphabet?..

OK the guy that hit me was on a KTM. He was the guy stuck off your right hip 5 yards behind you in between us. You just gotten un stuck and went another 50ft and got buried again. Just then I got outa that big hole and started hauling ass forward and hit the guy between us {That’s the guy that hit me} and he went off his bike head first into the water. I felt bad for him then… But now it serves him right! Anyways with all those deep holes under water I figured I'd just get off my bike and walk with the throttle WFO and push it along! It worked! Got to the end and seen you stuck again for the 3rd time! I started laughing to myself as I went by and said "I hope that little shat is beat azz tired" figuring you were the one that hit me from behind :nener:

By the way shortly after you passed me and miss the turn up ahead and landed in some thickets did you hear me yell to ya as I went by "Hey sum beach where you going"?? :laugh:

Some good times eh Kiel!

DW

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
Wolverine423 said:
I've only been racing there since 2005 and I can tell ya that you'll need to ride yer azz off for most of the day.

Good luck :cool:

I know. I've never done that well at Goshen. I'll just enjoy the ride ( I hope).

xcracer1123

May 30, 2007
haha indeed some good times !!! im glad u like my hot line tips :) and what was the deal with the youngerster ?? he didnt even get stuck and i still beat him ??

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
He had a bad day. Bike wouldn't shift down at times. Splitting the cases to inspect. should know something later on.

Why don't you come up to the house this Friday and ride with us this weekend! Call me or Cody and let us know.

DW

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
DW I don't know if Yami's are similar but if a KTM ain't shifting right it's usually a problem with the shifter mechanism behind the clutch and does not need case splitting. Hapened to me on the first day of the 05 Wolverine/Harrison 2-day and Trash helped me fix it while Zambon gave instructions.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Already did that and everything looked good. Part of the big flat tab washer that bends over the large clutch nut broke off so the cases are coming apart to inspect. Cody could not remember seeing a piece of the washer coming out when changing the oil. Not a big deal as the bike was going to get completely dismembered after Goshen for a going over and bearing check & lube along with top end job & power valve cleaning anyways.

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
Wolverine423 said:
He had a bad day. Bike wouldn't shift down at times. Splitting the cases to inspect. should know something later on.

Why don't you come up to the house this Friday and ride with us this weekend! Call me or Cody and let us know.

DW
I had a similar problem with my 05 YZ250 it turned out 3rd and 4th were both chewed apart.. I had to replace both gears and the shift drum bearings.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
fatherandson said:
Hey DW - have a good ride this weekend!! I know I will.
Your riding? I bet the grass under your bike is pretty tall by now ;)

See you Saturday morning. Cody will be on my brothers 07' 250 XCFW. Waiting on parts for his Yam.

Top Bottom