FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Hey just wondering who out there would be interested in Turkey Point, ONTARIO CANADA. It's about an hour west up hiway 3 from Buff, NY.
Need some advice from riders who have been there often for a trail mapping ideas.
I have only been once.
There is a campground directly across the road from the trails, so access close. There is also a beach about a 1 mile down the road too.
I know we need plates and insurance, not sure for americans.
Common people Paragon was a blast.
Now let's do it in the great white north. well the great white south here anyway. :)
anytime July - Aug is good for me
lets see a show of hands and avialability.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey KAW, you may want to do some legwork on this one, so people know what they're getting into...

--What's the trail system/terrain like? Should have something for both MX-open trail guys and tight woods guys (gals!)
--What are requirements for Americans bringing bikes up? I know insurance is mandatory, what else?
--How much $$ to camp? How much $$ to ride??
--Other facilities (gas/food/etc) nearby?
--I know Turkey Point also holds off-road trail rides/races during the year. We probably want to do this on an off weekend-- don't want to interfere with the races.

Getting around some of these obstacles ahead of time will help us narrow down a good day/weekend.

And we have plenty of s**thawks here, but I have yet to see a swamp donkey. I'm looking forward to it! :confused:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I'm a tight woods guy at heart now :) Lori, did Dave get a chance to encode those vids yet?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey, we're working on the video! Sheesh, don't even have the bikes cleaned off yet and the guy's looking for video...! ;)

The helmet cam & camcorder is new-- we hadn't even had time to pick up a firewire card for the computer, but we're remedying that!

Hucker a woods guy at heart, eh? Hmmm....so, riding through tight trees with no barkbusters on an MX bike while working the clutch so hard it made your hands ache didn't deter you? :eek:

You're in. :p

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Next time I ride the tree's with you folks there will be a pair of bark busters on the RM for sure. :)

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
ya no prob lori, i'll look into the camping see if I can get a deal for a group rate. I'll have to see if MRMRX and PEER LOVELL have the inside scoop for the trails and legality of the ride. besides that just pack the bikes and yourselves and common down. If you and dave are ever in the area there a some cool spots around here I can take you. Haven't taken hucker there yet but will as soon as he fixes his bike. you guys are plated so you'll be legal to ride there, I am looking into getting a plate. 35bucks to get one plus insurance.
anyway i'll get back to you on the details and let you know

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
I would be willing to do a ride there. Gopher Dunes isnt to far off from the point. That will do the Mx track stuff. Lot of blow down was on the trail when Peer and I rode there a few weeks ago.

PaCR250

May 10, 2000
I am going to Turkey Point this weekend with 7 other guys on a short notice trip (from NY). We were told by a local we didn't need any extra "stuff" to ride there. Is there any other place to go where you don't need the plate and ins.? If not, where is the closest place for in door entertainment if we have to leave the 8 bikes on the trailer? :whiner:

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
You definitely need plates and insurance...U.S. plates are fine.
The cops patrol the place in the spring and give out fines..no exceptions.
I'm going next weekend if anyone wants to hook up and get a free tour of the area.
Also, not too far away is the Eagle's Nest Raceway and Gopher Dunes tracks if you want to try some MX.

Top Bottom