dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
I need some advice on how to take turns. When ever I take a turn I tend to wash out and have to pic up my bike and adjust my levers. It is starting to get really frustrating. The only way I can get through turns is by down shifting and taking it very slow. I see guys at the track that blaze throught the turn and are on the pipe going in and coming out. When I try it I end up on the ground. :bang: Anyone have any advice on how to take turns without being on my a$$.

Thanks

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
At DW00 Wardy explained to me that if the front tire is climbing out of the inside of the rut in a turn, you're not going fast enough for the angle you've leaned the bike. Speed up.

If the front tire is climbing out to the outside of the berm, you're not leaned over enough for your speed. Lean the bike down more.

Notice that the fixes are to either speed up or lean the bike more, not to slow down or be more upright.

If your front end is washing out on fairly flat turns, you need to get your weight farther forward. A common mistake is to become hesitant and anxious about the front end washing out so you put yourself farther away from the front which makes it even more likely to happen.

dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Thank for the info. I think that I am leaning the bike quite a bit so I guess I need to speed up more. You are totally right about being hesitant and anxious about the front end washing out. When I tend to be hesitant it almost always happens. I will take your advice and try it the next time I go out.

Thanks Again

Does anyone have any other suggestions.

Neutral LMKz

Sep 2, 2006
In order to keep your momentum up make sure all of your braking has been done before you enter the turn...Look out ahead of you in order to choose the best line...In some cases I like to stand up even on the entrance but sit down as soon as the bike starts diggin...Be seated forward on the bike (ON THE TANK) but keep your upper body slighty back to evenly distribute your weight...The smoother you are on the throttle the better...Feather the clutch if needed, i only do when the front tire starts to dig in....Hopefully it helped a little dude...ight then peace

-Neutral
LMK

Top Bottom