bubbaxr

Jul 1, 2002
Any thoughts would be welcome here folks.
I have a recurring problem on one of our CR85's with the front end not staying in alignment. After a moto or two the front-end on this bike looks like it was in a bad crash - not sure how else to describe it.
My suspicion is that a part is bent somewhere and after a few hits on the nose gear the default state is that everything ends up tweaked in one direction in the triple clamps.
As an experiment I replaced the clamps, stem, and axle then re-torqued all to factory specs. No success.
I have not disassembled the forks yet but I did put them in a fixture on the bench and spun the sliders around - they look pretty darned straight. (No spec that I'm aware of on the fork tubes just the sliders. )
Anyway - ??
Could one of the forks have an internal problem that could be causing this - a funky bushing or something??
Bent frame??

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Is it a big wheel ? Sometimes they do that on 80s esp with bigger tougher kids . Try to spin the tubes though maybe look for wear marks on the sliders.

bubbaxr

Jul 1, 2002
Not a big wheel. Both sliders show some wear marks as I look at them more closely. One side more so than the other. Not really like gouges but scrape marks I guess you'd call them. No evidence of oil leakage. (I have no issues throwing resources at suspension work but I don't want to mess up someone's good work with another problem that I failed to diagnose first. Always another adventure - dirt bikes!)

Top Bottom