the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Enduro is on the 4th at 9 AM .. they are also having a GPS navigation competition on Saturday in the morning and will be showing the supercross on an outdoor projector at night.

May 3rd & 4th

TWMC Outing - 6th annual High Desert Enduro, Teagle Wash (near Red Mountain). Tim Stoner, Dean Bishop and company.

Directions:

Take I-15 north to HWY 395 (16 miles). Take HWY 395 north about 69 miles. Turn right on Trona Road, follow Trona Road (11 miles). Look for TWMC arrows pointing to your right. Follow TWMC arrows to camp (about 2 miles).

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'll be there. Are you dong theGPS thing. I'd love to tag along. As I don't have a GPS but it sounds interesting.

I was thinking of doing the Shamrocks GP, bummer there on the same day.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Unfortunately I'll be getting there Sunday morning - so I won't be doing the GPS thing.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by Boodac
Scar where are they holding the Shamrock GP?

LARC in Palmdale. info line = Ron Mass 818-767-4594. It's part of the Big Six Grand Prix series. If you go the district 37 web site they have a link in the calendar section. Its on the 3rd and 4th my class would be on the 4th. which is the same day as the enduro. :(

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Is anyone else from our crew coming out Sat?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
No can do. I'll be in vegas for the supercross.

Tim, if you want to use my GPS you are more than welcome. Call/radio me if you are interested, I can drop it off today or tomorrow.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue
Is anyone else from our crew coming out Sat?

I wish I could make it. Timing just hasnt worked out for me this year. Is their a mandatory numbers of events I need to attend before being dropped from the club?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Maybe Holeshot ? I know Jack is out 'cause of military duty that weekend.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I have my GPS zip tied to the throttle cables, so I plan on making it Sat. :aj:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
No can do Sat. Wish I could being the GPS geek that I am. I may make Sunday.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
... the more the merrier ... I'll be there early Sunday morning ... with an outside possibility that I make it on Saturday evening.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Eel-

As you know I have never done an enduro. Is it worth it for me to tag along without a chart and just ride the trail and not worry about the minutes?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Yes it is. I did the same thing the first couple times. They run you through some pretty good trails.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Cool Jeff-

I am thinking I am going, one of my kids is sick so I may not be 100% in.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Like Jeff said ... the trails will be really good and it's also fun to chase ribbon. Plus it's always better when members of the Wrecking Crew show up ... just adds to the fun.

Hope you can make it .. I have a dark red Toyota Tacoma double-cab and a yellow Gas Gas.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I think I remember your truck, but it was dark when we met. I have the dark blue supercrew and 98 250E. I am pretty sure I will make it but the bike will be dirty.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by 2strok4fun
Eel-

As you know I have never done an enduro. Is it worth it for me to tag along without a chart and just ride the trail and not worry about the minutes?

FYI thats all I ever do . I finally got a trail tech so I can play along but I usually skip the math and just tag onto someone with a computer. Usually we ride a a quick clip for the first few miles after each check(the free zone) then chillout and wait for the time to catch up. It's a fun trail ride and two many guys are under a minute off time for the whole the course for me to worry to much about it,(even in the novice class the 7th place rider had a score of 0.0046 minutes )

Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Although the ride seems like fun it seems like work to keep the time part in order. Of course Im speaking as someone that hasent seen, let alone tried, an enduro. Im thinking I might just have to check out the next one to see what its all about.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Sounds good, I am in.

and Ooh ooh, it looks like rain tommorow. :yeehaw:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by Boodac
Although the ride seems like fun it seems like work to keep the time part in order.

Nearly everyone uses enduro computers (they do the math for you), but even then, it's a challenge to keep time. If it were still done the old way (roll charts and clocks), I doubt that I'd really get into it. The computers have brought people into enduros that wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I ride enduros primarily for the timekeeping aspect of it. Others are in it for just for the ride, but somebody has to do the dirty work. ;)

It looks kind of "iffy" for the GPS event tomorrow (because of the rain), but I'm not gonna miss the main event on Sunday. :thumb:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Well sorry guys, I know I said I was coming out but I woke up yesterday with the same ick I think my kid had. Also water from the rain getting into my temporary kitchen, blue tarp over the remodel area looked like swiming pool on stilts. Not only does the water have easy ingress the mice also came in for shelter. Varmits, wet cornflakes, and a runny nose, bad day.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Bummer dude. You missed a good day. Nice course and good weather.

We looked for you ... come out next month if you can ... June 15th.

Take care ...

Top Bottom