the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Race is on Sunday the 9th ... start time 9 AM.

November 8th & 9th

TWMC Outing - 6th annual Wicked Bird Enduro, Anderson Dry Lake (near Lucerne Valley). Dick Cressy, Phil White and company.

Directions:

Take I-15 North to Bear Valley Cutoff exit (22 miles). Turn right and head through Lucerne Valley to Camp Rock Road (30 miles). You will connect with HWY 18, which will then turn into HWY 247 at Lucerne Valley. Approximately 6 miles past Lucerne Valley, look for Camp Rock Road. Turn left on Camp Rock road and follow the TWMC arrows to camp. About 3 miles up Camp Rock Road you will turn right on a paved road that leads to Anderson Dry Lake. A couple of miles down this paved road it will turn into dirt road, go about another 4 miles on a dirt road to camp at Anderson Dry Lake.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'll be there on Sat. Afternoon. Blue Van with tent trailer in tow. I'll bring out my KTM and 250F both with #28 on the plates. See you this weekend.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Eel, It sounds like the club event is out on the lake camping area, where the SoCal race was. I sent my family membership application this past week and Larry indicated at the TWMC Ghost Rider that we needed to attend two club events prior to full membership. My question is that we camp out of my van and it's always just been my two sons and I. Now my wife will be joining us and bottomline, will you all have any outhouses like at the race? Not a big deal for the guys, but my wife would look more favorably on this trip if she knew they would be there. I kind of think Annie said you would have some but I couldn't remember and the last thing I want to do is tell my wife they will be if not. Anyway, look forward to the ride. Also, do you know if we can pickup our trophies from the Ghost Rider at this club ride. I'm not a member yet so I raced and took firts in my class. I assume the "T" on the results was for trophy. It was my first enduro and I'm new to all this.

thanks for any input.

Ed

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Edwin Turner ? Way to go Ed ... I saw your name = 1st D 4-Stroke. Congrats !!!!! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the trophy question.

... I really don't think there will be public restrooms at the race. They usually rent them for the district races but I don't think we get them for the club events. But ... someone might always be willing to let you use their camper.

Hope to see you there ... I've never been to Anderson Dry Lake ... looking forward to some new terrain !!!!

I have a dark red Toyota Tacoma and a yellow Gas Gas. I'll be out there Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Eric, Thanks for the reply. I got the results last night and it looks like we pickup trophies at the January Enduro. It also looks like there were on two riders in my class. Not such a dramatic win for a one looper, but it's my first so I happy. The ride this weekend in on BLM land and I know they have no facilities like the ones on State OHV lands, but the riding out there is nice and the trails are a blast. I'll just prepare my wife and deal with it. Like I said, in the past it has just been my two sons an I out camping so it hasn't been an issue. My wife keeps talking about needing an RV, but I say my vans almost as good. I look forward to stopping by to say hello and check that GasGas. I've never see one other then in the enduro videos.

Thanks for the info and see you all there.

On the club stuff. Do any of the TWMC guys race the desert events and will any of you all be at the Hilltoppers Nov 16 race at Soggy Dry Lake. I hear it should be fun and a bit rocky. I've raced with the guys from RUTS at both the SoCal race and the TWMC Ghost Rider, but my family and I joining TWMC and I was planning on running enduros and desert races next season and hope to ride with some of your members.

See you out there Saturady. We camp out of my Chevy Van (white) (husq-TE570, XR100) and will get there at noon or so saturday. Some real fun riding is just down the road past the turn that goes to the right to the lake bed. You just stay on the main road and there are some hills just up on the right. Lots of fun trails and cool loops. The desert race ran out from the lake bed and worked it's way back on some nice goat type trails. I hope I can re-trace some of the trails. Rocky and fun though. Beats the heck out of riding down here at Ocotillo Wells.

see you there.

Ed

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
No can do for me. I'm doing the Elsinore GP.

On Saturday, The enduros on Sunday, are you racing both days.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Ed - quite a few club members race the district events, though I think fewer do the dez races than do the enduros. Check some of the results ... you'll see the names.

See you on race day !

brett r

Nov 6, 2000
I race all the district enduros and the national desert races even a few regular desert races. I usually have a good pit crew so if you need help and Im there we can pit for you too. Unfortunatly it looks like I won't make TWMC this weekend or your wife could use my bathroom. At the club races they don't have porta potties but Im sure you will have no problem finding a bathroom in someone's trailer or motorhome.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'm out for this event, my wife just had our new baby last Saturday, so I'm pretty busy and sleep-deprived.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Congratulations !!!!!!!! :) That's wonderful ... now go get some rest !!!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Also, good luck at the GP fellas ! Tear it up !

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
Are you doing the GP Tim?

No GP for me this year :( :( I coach my 5 year olds soccer team on Sat. Our games at 11AM and Sunday I'm doing the club event. I was hoping to enter the 9AM race on Sat. at Elsinore but the timing doesn't work out. Good luck and have fun.

See the rest of you at the TWMC event.

Scott, now is the perfect time to come out and race. You gotta lay down that law early, man. You did your 5 minute job 9 months ago. Besides women like quite time with new born babies :thumb:

Just kidding, congrats!!!! Just think in a few years, you to can be shopping for xr50's. :laugh:

Last edited:

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
brett R , That's for the input and the offer to pit with you all. I'll be at the hilltoppers Nov. 16. Are you all planning on that race? If so I could look for you all and help too. I'm a one loop rider so I can help with riders that come in, need gas, etc.

thanks ed

bishop_d

Oct 12, 2001
Dingoe/Ed,

You wife will be welcome to use my facilities any time she needs to. I'll be in a 33ft Tahoe 5th Wheel with a big TWMC sticker on the back door. Should be an old black CR250 and a KX85 out front (assuming the boy ever stops riding) and my truck is a white GMC 3/4 ton with some graphics on the sides.

Look forward to another new family in the club!

Dean

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Thanks Dean, We look forward to meeting and visiting with you all. We will get there Saturday before noon and will look for you. Your offer should ease my wife's outlook on this camping trip. In the past she has opted to stay home and just let us boys go off riding/camping and it wasn't really an issue. Now it looks like I need to invest some thought and funds into making the whole desert camping thing enjoyable for all. I guess I'll need to start looking at trailers this year, maybe after harvest. I do hope she likes the trip. Should be a full moon and campfire weather for sure. We grow avocados down here and I'll have enough wood for a good warm fire.

Well thanks again and see you all there.

Ed

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Well, I didn't attend any events last weekend because while walking back to parking lot at Calico Ghost Town (the weekend before Halloween) I took a little fall, so it'll be a few more days before I can ride properly again. This, after a 25 mile loop in the desert without incident. :confused:

Enough of my wussy little excuses for not riding (or attending). What happened at the 'Bird? From the results, it looks like the Eel was winning the amatuer class, when something went "amiss" near the end. Scar was doing well too, but also DNF'd.

Stories? :silly:

bishop_d

Oct 12, 2001
It was a nasty piece of crap course. All of the worst elements of the desert wrapped up into once course. Can't wait for another one.

I hear that Eel got a flat on the first loop, wired his tire up, and still kicked my arse on the second loop. He was a shoe in for the win until something went bad and his ride became disabled. Last I hear Jack (?) had a club members quad and was trying to get Eel back to his bike for repairs. Still not sure what happened, as I had to make the long 3.5 hour trek back to Bakersfield.

Eel that Gas Gas didn't become part of the desert landscape did it?

Anyone know who that guest was that won the Ama class? Based on his scores, he is wicked fast!

deano...

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Congrats Scott! Another of my friends just had a baby 2 days ago. Must be something goin' round!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by kelsorat
I'm out for this event, my wife just had our new baby last Saturday, so I'm pretty busy and sleep-deprived.

I almost forgot about the important part of this thread. Congrats. :thumb:
I'm glad I did that once, but once is enough. :confused:

Top Bottom