two stroke/petrol ratio.

danielkdx125

Dec 14, 2004
I have a 1990-92 kdx 125 and i was wondering what the ratio is for two stroke/petrol.
And how much water/anti freeze should i put in the radiator?
Thanks.

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
You should run your coolant at a ratio of 50% water and 50% coolant. The manual for my '99 says to use "soft" water. As for the coolant, buy a reputable brand and you'll be ok. As for how much your radiator takes I don't know. If you called a dealer they will tell you. Or you could fill with water and then empty it into a container and that will show you how much it holds. Fill the radiator all the way and make sure there is some in the over-flow bottle above the "low" mark. Run it for a couple seconds to distribute and then top it off. As for the fuel mixture I believe the factory suggests 32/1, gas/mix. Most guys on this site use different mix ratios that they prefer. I run 40/1 ratio. Again it is a question that your dealer will answer. The difference in the mix ratio is a preference to curb the spooge problem that KDX's are known for and some performance gain. I am by no means an expert on that but it works for me. Good luck.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Any coolant that is radiator safe will work. I usually mix either 50-50 or 60% water 40% coolant.

An oil ratio between 32:1 and 40:1 will be fine. You shouldn't be trying to cure spooge problems with the fuel/oil ratio. That is more of an air/fuel (jetting) mixture than anything.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…