TX - Barnwell Mountain or Shiloh Ridge Reports???

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
We had a TCCRA race at Shiloh Ridge at the beginning of June, and it was easily our best race course of the year. It had just about every kind of terrain; I highly recommend it.

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by yarbonwick
So Pat you going to make the Muenster run with us?

Good possibility. I'm skipping the TCCRA race this weekend, I have it on very good authority that both the parking and race course are EXTREMELY sub-standard.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
, I have it on very good authority that both the parking and race course are EXTREMELY sub-standard.

Did patman tell you this?

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
he did. apparently it requires about 40 acres of parking for the tccra to fit comfortably. thunder mountain is giving us 20. further, there will also be a dirt-track car race going on saturday night.

i will not be there.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Barnwell

I have been to Barnwell many times and it is a BLAST...Awesome climbs ...killer decents....5th gear wot in the sand....make sure you have enough money to purchase a rear tire after your ride though (lotso rockso)

4+ and more trails coming soon and a race this fall

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Jeff

Shiloh Ridge is a great place to ride, maybe better than Muenster!

I have not been to Barnwell yet so..........

Will & Pat, I have in-laws in this weekend so I wasn't gonna make Rusk anyway but I hear that this track was voted by TCCRA members in 96 as the track we should never return too..... Did the definition of never change?

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by taraker
Will & Pat, I have in-laws in this weekend so I wasn't gonna make Rusk anyway but I hear that this track was voted by TCCRA members in 96 as the track we should never return too..... Did the definition of never change?

No it didn't; somehow that fact got overlooked.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Taraker, are you serious in saying Shiloh Ridge is better than Muenster? I have never been to Muenster and was wondering how they compare in size and type of riding. Seems that Shiloh is geared to atv's to me, more than an actual trail ride. The place is fun tho!

RADMAN

Jun 20, 2001
Shilo Ridge is one of my favorite places to ride...While it is true that ATV have plenty of places to ride there is no shortage of trails for motorcycles...It has just about evey type of terrane you could imagine....Trails, fire roads, motorcross, hills, sand, mud and acres of open fields...I highly recommend it...O yeah and the owners are very nice! I think it is 950 acres. $ 15 dollars per person..very well worth it

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So you have to join the TMTC to ride at Gilmer?

And there is lots of trail at Shiloh Ridge right, it aint just a huge mud pit? Cause that is what it looks like.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
yzguy15

There is plenty of mudholes for the atv's, but also lots of trails and challenging hillclimbs. Many are not for beginners because they are steep, long and rough. Much Fun. Plenty of trails, my only complaint they are not marked or linked together. You just have to figure out your on "loop" as you explore. Remember mudholes came be deep due to offroad trucks and jeeps. Also the M/X track is fun but not kept up, so check it out before wfo on it.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
According to Pit Stop, the TCCRA race wasn't all that bad, even though they had to cut a large section out of the track. Maybe next time...

U

Unregistered077

Barnwell And Shilo

hey man i have been to both of them...barnwell to me was more fun..i have a tacoma but its nice so im pretty easy on it...when i went to shiloh ridge and alto well i did alittle damage to my truck...its easier to get around gilmer to me...they have maps and trails are rated..i could never get over the 3 stars....some are 5 stars....alto is more of a good luck hope you make it place.....really depends if you wanna tear something up...if you do go to alto.....cus gilmer is mapped and you have a better idea if you can make the trail or not....

Top Bottom