Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Lloyd and stooges, Jeff, YZGuy, Mo... Anyone up for a ride sometime soon? My schedule is fairly normal right now, and I wanna ride!:) I've been practicing for marching band 19 hours a week+ (yes, even on the weekends!) and won't have to practice for the next couple of Saturdays, so I want to take advantage of a good oppurtunity! Anyone?

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Hey.I live about a hour and half from dallas depending on traffic.You are also the only person I seen around here the same age as me kinda makes me wonder.:think

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I just need some advance notice, but I am ready to ride. I am almost 100% over this ^%$# sinus infection and chest congestion I have had for almost 3 weeks now so name the place and time and hopefully by then I will be completely rid of this junk and rearin' to go!

-jeffd

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Jeff, don't feel alone I have been this way since last Thursday, Are you going to try Shady Grove this weekend

Jim

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
This weekend might not be the best as my Grandfather is very ill, and according to the doctors, doesn't have much time left. I need to go see him this weekend - he is my last remaining grandparent.

-jeffd

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by jeffd
This weekend might not be the best as my Grandfather is very ill, and according to the doctors, doesn't have much time left. I need to go see him this weekend - he is my last remaining grandparent.

-jeffd

Jeff
Sorry to here that, Maybe we can get the Labor day weekend Ride somewhere

Jim

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Jeff, Sorry to hear about your Grandfather also, the short time we spend on this Earth, makes you realize that Life is all too short sometimes.

I also have one remaining Grandparent, and am afraid that the time is not far off.

My thoughts are with you and your Family.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Thank you all for you kind words. I will admit that I have been in denial through this whole ordeal to this point. I need to spend some time with him this weekend as it may very well be the last time I get to do so.

-jeffd

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
not this weekend for me

Stan, I have to go to Chicago this weekend but is anyone up for a Memorial day gathering back at Muenster? If my freakin' schedule doesn't slow down I'm going to have to sell my bike! (course then I'd have to buy a new one :p )

JeffD, I wish the best for you and your family. I am also down to one grandparent and unfortunately don't go see her often enough :(

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Thump, I would love nothing more than to go riding with you at a track, but my boss...well, his excuse was "I don't know where it is", "we've already got plans" and, I don't want to ride at an MX track." Go figure??? Somebody set a date, and I'll see if I can go. The rotten thing is, I can only know my schedule a week ahead. I'm free next Saturday, so maybe then?? I'll have to check in with the boss. I'm free on memorial day weekend, but, once again, will have to check with my boss. If only I could drive!!

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Funny Movie. I would love to join you guys on one of these rides. I'm only like 5 hours away. I would definately like to give munster a whirl. Please post in advance time and date. I have lots of vacation time, but little funds. I think that I might be able to swing it. Is munster east or west of Dallas? Also, I have to have power to get a decent nights sleep. I have sleep apnea( a breathing machine helps a bunch). Is there a place for power with a tent?

okie426

Dec 27, 2000
we'll be there

Stan,

Double Bob(as in Burger King Double Cheeseburger) and I will be there just name the date. Just had a little rain today that will help with the dust of Muenster.

Okie 426

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
It looks like I'll be hitching a ride with Slo'Mo out to Shady Grove this Saturday. Maybe another time at Muenster?

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Does ANYONE live in the Houston area? I would like to head up to Dallas to go riding but it’s a long drive and I can’t drive yet... Have any of you guys ridden in Sam Houston national forest?

Lee Wilson

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Jeff, my thoughts are also with you and your family on the grandparent. We, too, are going through a similar thing with my wife's last remaining grandparent (but our kid's only great grandparent).

I'm up for a Muenster trip as well. Our group here in Austin (about 10 of us) was planning for an October trip there. It will be tough for us to do it sooner given work schedules and the 4 stroke Nationals at the end of September in Floresville.

LWilson250, we've never ridden Sam Houston national forest -- what's it like and are there any restrictions to be aware of?

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Sam Houston

Its 80% sand ....long very windy Singletrackish (most parts are wide enough for 4 wheelers...no hill climbs, fast twisty whooped out good time ....worth the trip....

They require spark arresters ?sp

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey fellas, it's been a while. My teachers have been killing me lately. I'm into the third week now and it seems like its been at least six. My teachers, they're sadists (sp?), well not really, but I guess that's what I get for being in these stupid Pre/AP classes. Not to mention, I have football practice everyday, twice. An hour during 4th period, then a couple hours after school.
I'm finally getting a day off of practice, this Friday, whoo hoo. We scrimmage on Thursday and the Varsity plays Friday night, therefore we get the day off.

Anyways ( I know you're wondering if this is going somewhere) Me and the old man are going to Muenster on Saturday the 1st. If anybody would like to join us, drop me a line. Hope to see some of yall out there.

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
YZGuy,
I was at Muenster two weeks ago and managed to avoid head-splitting tree limbs and gulleys from hell. Tell your pops hello for me and I might see ya'll out there.
DA

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
Yes you do have to have a Spark Arrestor for Sam Houston. There is also a $3 parking fee for all the trailheads. It's a great place to ride and it is sandy like MTRIDER said. I am heading up there sometime during next week I think to go riding with my dad. If anyone is going to want to ride there please let me know.

Lee Wilson

Top Bottom