DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Our group in Austin is just a bunch of us mid-thirties guys who've gotten back into riding again. I think I'm the only DRN'er in the group so far. One or 2 used to race MX back when. We had a mix of 2 and 4 strokes but the 2-stokers are all trading them in for blue thumpers. Most of us have wives and kids, not to mention jobs that cause us to travel, so we have to plan our trips ahead of time if we all go to anything much more than City Park or Bastrop.

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by yzguy15
Anyways ( I know you're wondering if this is going somewhere) Me and the old man are going to Muenster on Saturday the 1st. If anybody would like to join us, drop me a line. Hope to see some of yall out there.

I'll be there for the weekend with my spousal unit. Look for the gray Dodge pickup with the travel trailer, my sissy-boy 125 will be near.

Although. . .I won't be riding from 2:30-5:30. Gotta watch the Sooners pummel Air Force.

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
I'll be at Muenster either Sunday morning or Monday morning. Hey Yarbo, care to come ride behind me on my new blue beast? I'm Superman now. The mule has officially been retired.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Sam Houston

Up for a ride anytime, just let me know. As for the sand it has rained a lot so trails should be prime when rain stops. Also if we have a ride keep in mind there is 3 trailheads, so need to be sure where we should meet. I ride there regularly so any questions let me know. Keep in mind if too wet they close trails, always call ahead. 936-344-6205 ext 2. See ya Rob

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
It has been raining here for days!!! I was going to go to Highlands MX track but I don't know if it's going to be open. Here in Cypress the rain has been coming down for 2 days and there is no end in sight. I would like to get a Sam Houston ride going.

Lee Wilson

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Trails for the most part will allow a quad, but most trails are true single track. But not handlebar tight. Mostly 2nd-3rd gear type riding.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Sounds like a blast. Many of the trails around Austin are technical and handlebar tight. While fun, it's not much fun unless you can get some 2nd-3rd gear romps. Once things dry out it should be a kick, so let's stay in touch on this.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Nat'l Forrest

We have had plenty of rain, w/e of 9-8 should be prime riding if anyone is available. Just be sure to check first.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Still raining, but when it stops there awaits a fine ride, no dust, no sand, just prime trails. Still you then.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
NO!!!!! I won’t be able to go guys!! I am having some problems with my bike burning oil real bad; I think it’s time for a new top end. I am going to stick a 280cc kit in there so it’s going to be a while before I’m back on my bike again. :( If anyone wants to give me a few hundred dollars ;) ;) that will help me a lot. lol. Hope you guys have fun.

Lee Wilson:( :(

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Hope you guys got some riding in. Last Monday my wife called me at work saying she smelled a very strong gasoine smell in the garage. We soon homed in on my KLX with a big puddle of gas on the floor. Quickly determined the petcock was off so I rushed home. Sure enough, it has about a 1.5" crack in the rear of the tank.

So now I'm looking for either Plasti-Aid or a plastic welding kit. Thankfully it's not in too stressful a spot since a new tank is $462! I also am removing that inline one-way valve in the vent tube since I suspect the reason so many Yamaha and Kawi tanks do this is it doesn't allow air OUT when it gets hot in the summertime (my bike had been sitting for at least 2 weeks).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom