yota

Oct 9, 2001
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I watched the race on Speed last night and I'm so tired of Mike Brown. He needs to grow up and ride with the big boys. He flat took out that kid on the Suzuki who was clearly riding faster than Brown and had just made a nice clean pass on him. The kid could have just followed Brown around the track and would have won the overall but he had spirit and wanted to race and he got screwed. Go ahead.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I was at the race and saw the whole thing. You can see it better on tv. After watching it last night, I can't see why anyone would fault Brown. Short was rubbing him for two turns and a whole straight before Brown ran a little wide off the jump and returned the favor. In my opinion thats why its called a race. If Short was faster, than it's up to him to pass Brown. Brown got plenty of booing from the crowd, but most around me were cheering him. You don't pull off for someone on the last lap. Good racing as far as I can see it...

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I agree, if you want around someone, do it. Why should Brown make it easy for Short to pass him. Short should of past Brown and motored on so Brown couldnt return the bump pass favor.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
All I can say about it is I can't wait to see if Brownie has the Kahones to try that crap on the big boys in the 250 class because he'll get parked in a hurry.

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
A little bumping and rubbing is part of racing and sometimes someone ends up on the ground, but Brown is different. Seems the guy knocks someone to the ground every race. There is a line between aggressive rider and take-out artist and brown is the poster child for the latter. If there is mayhem on the track, 9 out of 10 he is involved.
But like was said earlier, mid-pack in the 250s means I dont ever have to listen to a post race "thats racing" interview with brown again.
Cy

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
I saw that race and Short made a CLEAN pass on Brown as he dove in with NO contact....Brown did much more than simply return the favor...He took the guy out...Brown needs to learn how to pass without hitting someone...He took out more than one person that weekend...I'm sick of Mike Brown...Supercross is NOT a contact sport....It's racing...To see who's the fastest....Anyone can go in an ram someone...Sometimes accidents happen but this has happened way too often with Mike Brown....I'm sick of the "that's racing" COP OUT comment brown keeps dishing out....That little phrase is used way too often and it's supposed to describe guys racing hard and coming together because of things beyond their control....

Supercross is a dangerous sport and we don't need MORONS like Brown eliminating a good race for the spectator by taking his competition out...

Brown needs to be punished otherwise he'll keep pulling that crap...

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
The poster child spot is well represented by Ricky Carmichael. Brown hasn't quite qualified yet.... I guess we could just let one guy at a time on the track and run time trials... then we can "see who's fastest". Sounds boring to me.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I'm a big Short fan we saw him grow up in the SRAC, he is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet. That was far from dirty riding on Browns part he tapped Short. It was stupid racing on Shorts part not dirty racing on Browns. This is part of the reason I don't like SX a bunch of drunk fans without a clue boooing a guy for trying to win sucks. Remember Hangtown a few years ago when Brown ran over Short that was dirty. That being said Short NEEDS to punch Brown in the mouth otherwise he is going to be Browns whipping boy. I don't get why people say RC is dirty.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't get why people say RC is dirty.
uh, taking Roncada into the haybales at Hangtown '02?

Trouble with RC is, he likes to dish it out, but he whines like a little girl when he gets a little payback. "Boo hoo, I'm Ricky, you can't touch me or I'm gonna tell my momma. Boo hoo."

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think there are a few guys on the pace this season so if RC's "aggressive" style starts popping up again I'm sure the payback will be there for him. I agree Brown does need to move up to play with the big boys and he can be a bit rough but if it's OK for RC to bump and rub then it should be OK for Brown. Personally I'd rather see cleaner racing, you know based on riding skill and speed instead of endless blocks and takeout's.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
It was a takeout move plain and simple. Short had made the pass and was going faster. Brown squared the corner and aimed right for Short. Noone can defend against a stupid move like that. Thats not racing. Let that crap become the new trend and it wont be good for no one.

I remember the interviewer talking to Brown after the race and saying something to Brown like do you understand that by taking out Short you just screwed yourself out of 3rd overall and alot of money. The look on Browns face was priceless. I know people are going to say he doesnt care about that he wanted the moto win but you could tell by the look on his face he knew he messed up.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
When I saw it I was upset at what Brown did. But when they showed the replay at a different angle, I changed my mind. Brown was just trying to come back under him, and I don't think Short was expecting Brown to come back that quick. But, who knows for sure. Well I guess Brown does :) I do know one thing. If your not a Brownie fan, you wouldn't get as excited when your favorite rider tries to pass or hold off Brown when he comes around. Kinda like old #3 in Nascar

yota

Oct 9, 2001
I got so wound up about Brown I forgot to day "great job DV". Looked like he did in his first season here in the first race. Hope he has a good year, even if he is French. heh heh.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Brown has made moves in the past I thought were take out moves, but not this one. Yes he bumped Short and it was intentional, but it was not on the edge of the track. Had Short stayed on the outside edge and back off when Brown got the nose on him he would never have gone off the track.

The real irony/justice of it is, had Brown made a cleaner pass and left Short on the track to finish second Brown would have won the overall.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
XRP next time your out at your local MX track go out when one of your fast A guys is out there and hold the guy up for a few turns then start looking back at him.... What do you think will happen? You will picking your XR up off of the ground faster than you can say buckshot. RonRon can't run RC's pace you know that, I know that, Ronron knows that and RC knows that. You don't win nationals by hanging out and waiting for guys to get out of the way. Those guys are in a BIG frigin hurry right NOW. You hold RC, Brown, Langston, Reed, Bubba, Ryno,Hannha..... up for a few turns your going pay. Ask Bonds if its a good idea to ride around like a jack ass trying to hold up the World Champ.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
uh, Rat, I think I know how things work at the MX track. And I'll tell you another thing: If someone goes to put me to the ground, they are for damn sure coming with me. It's happened before, and it'll happen again.

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by OldMaiconut
The poster child spot is well represented by Ricky Carmichael. Brown hasn't quite qualified yet.... I guess we could just let one guy at a time on the track and run time trials... then we can "see who's fastest". Sounds boring to me.

I'll tell ya what's boring...Is when a moron like Mike Brown takes the guy out and you no longer have a race on your hands because the other guy is on the ground...

Time trials would be boring....Racing is not about taking other guys out...It's about RACING.....

If you're one of the losers that love to watch crashes and not racing then go watch a monster truck race or something and leave the real fans alone...

Crash up durby is stupid....

It takes skill to make clean, calculated passes...Setting your apponent up, sometimes laps in advance, confusing him on your next move and surpising him by taking a different line in the next lap...

Racing is SPEED, SKILL, STRATEGY, COURAGE, PHYSICAL CONDITIONING, TRICKED OUT MX BIKES....

It's not an effing crash up derby monster truck race....

DUDE...Brown is Far worse than RC....Brown is CONSTANTLY ramming someone....The last time RC "took someone out" was in the Supercorss season when he made a clean aggressive pass on Pastrana and Pastrana ran into the back of Carmichael...RC got booed but TP clearly ran into the back of RC...

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by super rat
XRP next time your out at your local MX track go out when one of your fast A guys is out there and hold the guy up for a few turns then start looking back at him.... What do you think will happen? You will picking your XR up off of the ground faster than you can say buckshot. RonRon can't run RC's pace you know that, I know that, Ronron knows that and RC knows that. You don't win nationals by hanging out and waiting for guys to get out of the way. Those guys are in a BIG frigin hurry right NOW. You hold RC, Brown, Langston, Reed, Bubba, Ryno,Hannha..... up for a few turns your going pay. Ask Bonds if its a good idea to ride around like a jack ass trying to hold up the World Champ.

Bullcrap......A fast A guy won't be held up by some slow poke on an XR.....A fast A guy is not going to chance screwing up his own bike at practice to knock some slowpoke down...He'll just go wide and blow by the guy and give him a dirty lookback as he flys past...That's the most likely scenerio.

It's one thing to take calculated lines to maintain position, it's another to ride dangerously swapping back and forth across the track to keep the guy behind you from passing...

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
The reason I told xrp to fina a fast A rider is because I don't think he is some slowpoke. I don't know but I get the feeling he knows how to ride maybe I'm wrong. Now I realize that I may have set the bar a little too high for a guy of you skill level but you can try this little test with say a 125 C rider. Go find a 125 C guy who is faster than you and hold him up, slowing him down, then start looking back at him. See what happens, the same thing that happend to RonRon at hangtown.

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by whitesands26

DUDE...Brown is Far worse than RC....Brown is CONSTANTLY ramming someone....The last time RC "took someone out" was in the Supercorss season when he made a clean aggressive pass on Pastrana and Pastrana ran into the back of Carmichael...RC got booed but TP clearly ran into the back of RC...
You are forgetting about in the Salt Lake round when RC looked back at Ferry then deliberatly took a line over the next jump that caused him to land in Ferry's line and take out his front tire. One corner later CR returned the favor and RC hit the dirt.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I listened to the post race interview after SLC.  Ricky criticized Timmy for trying to make contact several times.  BTW, in the interview Chad agreed with Ricky's assessment of that situation!  I think Ferry was trying to intimidate RC and it backfired.   

IMO, RC is a tough, aggressive rider. Other riders should know not to mess with him.  That's a lot different than being a dirty rider or a takeout artist.  There's a BIG contrast between RC and Eric (black flag) Sorby.

IMO, what Langston did to Bonds at Hangtown was dirty.  Langston doesn't normally ride dirty, but, to me, that was a dirty move.   IMO, Bonds was having the ride of his life and Langston wasn't in the mood for a tough battle with an 'unknown'.  Drifting over and slowing down dramatically right in front of a guy that has just landed a high speed jump is not kosher, even if you are the world champ.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom